Lionel Messi.......

levets said:
Nowhere near the best ever...

maradonna
Best
Pele
Zico
Cruyff

lol if messi is nowhere near as good as these lot ^^ can you explain too me why??

i have too say i agree the above players were very gifted and the opitomy of world class, but as an all round player id have too say messi is up there as the best that has ever lived.

carrconormcfc said:
Pigeonho said:
Messi is an odd one. Obviously he's up there with the current best, but for me i'd unfortunately have to say the Tranny is the best player at the minute. Messi doesn't seem to be able to do it on the international scene, but that could be down to his bankrupt, drug fuelled manager. He no doubt has class, but unless you do it for club and country, you can't be called THEE best.
Can you please tell me what the Tranny has ever done on the international scene?

No I can't, cos I have no idea. What i do know though is that he has shone in the best league in the world and is currently doing just as well in the 2nd best league. Whenever I have seen him play for Portugal he's done alright, nothing spectacular, but whenever I have bothered to watch the meatpackers play, Messi has been a nothing.

carrconormcfc said:
Pigeonho said:
Messi is an odd one. Obviously he's up there with the current best, but for me i'd unfortunately have to say the Tranny is the best player at the minute. Messi doesn't seem to be able to do it on the international scene, but that could be down to his bankrupt, drug fuelled manager. He no doubt has class, but unless you do it for club and country, you can't be called THEE best.
Can you please tell me what the Tranny has ever done on the international scene?
He has a good winks-to-games ratio

Ronaldo has to be up there. Overlooked by so many

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RySynkNq8w8[/youtube]

All time world cup top scorer
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=200UXfWgMQM&feature=related[/youtube]

47 goals in 49 games!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dimEj_lA7J0[/youtube]

Pigeonho said:
carrconormcfc said:

No I can't, cos I have no idea. What i do know though is that he has shone in the best league in the world and is currently doing just as well in the 2nd best league. Whenever I have seen him play for Portugal he's done alright, nothing spectacular, but whenever I have bothered to watch the meatpackers play, Messi has been a nothing.
Your original point was that Tranny has to be ranked as the best in the world because of what he's done at international level. But you've never seen him do anything out of the ordinary at international level?

carrconormcfc said:
Pigeonho said:
Your original point was that Tranny has to be ranked as the best in the world because of what he's done at international level. But you've never seen him do anything out of the ordinary at international level?

Yes, not the best choice of words in hindsight. I was making more of a point that messi hasn't done anything whenever i've watched him in the blue and white shirt, and if you listen to the pro's in the media they too say he fails at international level. You're right to point that flaw in the post out, however.

Pigeonho said:
carrconormcfc said:

Yes, not the best choice of words in hindsight. I was making more of a point that messi hasn't done anything whenever i've watched him in the blue and white shirt, and if you listen to the pro's in the media they too say he fails at international level. You're right to point that flaw in the post out, however.
Fair enough

Only Zidane and Maradona are better, By the end of Messi's career he will probably have had a better career than Maradona but Zidanes goals in world cup finals, champions league, 3 time world player etc and dominating his last games (world cups best player as he retired) may be too much for Messi. Zidane probably the better player too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.