Lionel Messi

Messi, as great a player as he has been (still is?) not for me.
Why?
City with Messi.
Haaland starts.
Sub after 70 min.
Who comes on?
Messi or Alvarez?
A dilemma Pep doesn't need.

Also our wage structure would be badly impacted.
Then there's ffp.

Let him go to Saudi.
Or the rags perhaps?, He is the type of player they like, a 'paper over the cracks' guy, the man who will solve all our problems. A 'we got him but City couldn't afford him' coup.
He belongs at a history club, not one that has a future.
So I wish him well, wherever he goes.
But he's not for City.

Nobody—and I mean nobody, not even Pep—wants him at City.
Jumped in here to check this thread wasn't a call for him to come here, thanks for putting my mind at rest, I can go do something else now

I'll always be of the opinion that while he wants to carry on playing he'll always be technically the best player in the world. But City don't need him, now more than ever to get the best out of him you need willing runners around him to get the best out of him and allow him to get on the ball as he wishes. It's why it didn't work at PSG, they're a dysfunctional team and other stars such as Mbappe weren't willing to sacrifice their game to benefit Messi (and rightly so when you factor the stage they're both at in their careers).

Personally as a neutral I'd love him to retire, I don't want to see him physically decline anymore and taint the memory of prime Messi. He has nothing to prove to anybody from a footballing point of view and will sit in a tier with Maradona as comfortably the two best footballers to ever play the game.

He'll be loaned to Barcelona within the year. I heard rumours months ago they were doing some sort of deal to get around their financial difficulties

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.