Lipex, Statins etc Debate

My sister had high ,blood pressure all her life and died last January she never took her statin so. I got mine ckd it was 7 it used to be 4.1 so I’m now taking. 1;0mg 2mg was to strong.

I started these a year ago, mainly due to my mum and dad both dying fairly young (61/73) from Heart failure/attack. My cholesterol was 5.7 a year ago so not too bad but just had blood test results and it’s now 3.5 and my “bad cholesterol” has seen a similar reduction.

I would recommend anyone over 50 to go to one of these health checks for men when invited. I didn’t know I had high blood pressure or high cholesterol and I’m sure many don’t.

Reactions: ob
I was prescribed statins 2 years ago after a heart attack. After some research I didn't take them, didn't fancy risking diabetes, reduced mental capacity or muscle fatigue.
My cholesterol was 5, after changing my diet a bit and taking cholesterol lowering drinks etc it's now down to 4.
Many doctors prescribe drugs just for the sake of it.

I got put on statins about 2 years ago. Dad died aged 43 of heart attack. I'm 53 and a couple of my younger siblings have had non fatal heart attacks in their 40's. My cholesterol was 5.5.

After a while I had continuous joint pain especially in the knees which meant I had to stop running. If it wasnt the knees it would be in the ankle or shoulder. Proper pissed me off. Then I read books like the Great Cholesterol Con, and The Great Cholesterol Myth and their assertion that the original research linking cholesterol and coronary heart disease was flawed.

So I came off the statins and my joint pain disappeared. I told my doctor and instead of offering me an alternative she increased my dosage from 10 mg to 40 because my cholesterol was still 5.5 after a year.

So I never took them. i started running again and also taking a daily ginger turmeric and black pepper tablet. After 2 months my cholesterol has dropped to under 4

I got put on statins about 2 years ago. Dad died aged 43 of heart attack. I'm 53 and a couple of my younger siblings have had non fatal heart attacks in their 40's. My cholesterol was 5.5.

After a while I had continuous joint pain especially in the knees which meant I had to stop running. If it wasnt the knees it would be in the ankle or shoulder. Proper pissed me off. Then I read books like the Great Cholesterol Con, and The Great Cholesterol Myth and their assertion that the original research linking cholesterol and coronary heart disease was flawed.

So I came off the statins and my joint pain disappeared. I told my doctor and instead of offering me an alternative she increased my dosage from 10 mg to 40 because my cholesterol was still 5.5 after a year.

So I never took them. i started running again and also taking a daily ginger turmeric and black pepper tablet. After 2 months my cholesterol has dropped to under 4
Is this pain a side effect? I’ve had problems with my shoulders for about 18m now. Constantly aching. Thought it may just be posture but only really started after I started taking these.

I was put on statins after a minor stroke last year. After a couple of months my knees were so bad I could hardly walk; no problems there before. Came off the statins and knees ok again after a few weeks.

Is this pain a side effect? I’ve had problems with my shoulders for about 18m now. Constantly aching. Thought it may just be posture but only really started after I started taking these.
I had daily knee pain, hip pain, heel pain. As soon as I stopped taking statins all the pain stopped.

Not took a statin for over a year

I was started on a statin a few months back by my Dr.
Had to stop the joint pain was awful and nausea too.
Dr has prescribed me a new one that he says is more tolerable.
We’ll see!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.