Lisbon next round (merged)

Re: IF we play in Lisbon next round.

Having just stayed on and had a few more days after Porto game in Lisboa and after numerous trips to this great city I can say it has great night life. Docas is good for bars and restaurants and very late nights! Barro Alto has lots of bars too, Hard Rock is more of a big bar with bands on and good atmosphere. Train to Cascais which is about 20 mins away and a few quid is good for a bit of beach. Sadly John David's Bar on seafront is shut out of season as it is a City shrine in Cascais. Drive from Algarve is only a few hours and very straightforward.
Saw Sporting play in league match on Sun night, poor team with no creativity and a lad up front unfortunately named Van WolfsWinkel!

Hi, An even better trip easyjet m/cr- madrid 7th march, stay in madrid, fly to lisbon, thurs 8th, stay in lisbon, then fly back to madrid on the 9th, then madrid- m/cr, good luck, when you go on easyjet website you have to book 2 separate trips, but you can save each flight to the end (if you know what i mean), all in £110

On uefa website if we get through we are named as the away team so I thought we would be home 1st which would mean going to the return leg on 15th!

Am I mistaken

Lee Gally said:
On uefa website if we get through we are named as the away team so I thought we would be home 1st which would mean going to the return leg on 15th!

Am I mistaken

you are mistaken, we are home for the 2nd leg again

I lived in Lisbon for 2 years. Ignore the guy who thinks it's shit. It's a great town with great historical sites, good food and great nightlife. From the typical Euro Irish bars like Hennesseys to the wonderful maze of Barrio Alto when small clubs and bars are open till the sun rises. Docas is good for tourists but lacks the real flavour of lisbon.

Went Lisbon few yrs back with everton. Sporting stadium is only few stops from the centre rossio square area. City itself I really enjoyed and bars are good but scattered about so you just walk about and find one you like. Harbour area under the bridge is good but gets packed. Irish bars I hated as very expensive and they put the prices up after 8 pm in one. Jesus statue across the river is well worth a visit and castle area is a nice wander about. Bars around rossio square were dearer but take a hike up the barrio alto area and you will find one to fall into. Lots of variety and some stay open till 4am - allegedly ;-)

Well I've taken the gamble and booked already flying Manc to Lisbon Weds-Sat. Reckon Lisbon looks a great city and should be hotter than Porto so will be a great trip if football or a good trip if I'm off just to sample the local brews

singcat said:
Having just stayed on and had a few more days after Porto game in Lisboa and after numerous trips to this great city I can say it has great night life. Docas is good for bars and restaurants and very late nights! Barro Alto has lots of bars too, Hard Rock is more of a big bar with bands on and good atmosphere. Train to Cascais which is about 20 mins away and a few quid is good for a bit of beach. Sadly John David's Bar on seafront is shut out of season as it is a City shrine in Cascais. Drive from Algarve is only a few hours and very straightforward.
Saw Sporting play in league match on Sun night, poor team with no creativity and a lad up front unfortunately named Van WolfsWinkel!
Cascais is a nice place,a good place to escape and go for a chill if you want to avoid bellends running round bars like headless chickens screaming CTID at you and trying to out do each other with unfunny shit while your trying to have a beer

will blues be stayin in the algarve, thers a flight to porto for twenty quid from london im thinkin of doing london stanstead to porto gettin the train to lisbon, then return from lisbon back to london

80 quid all in not bad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.