List of City Captains

Tony Grealish had something of the Captain Birdseye about him.

tonyGrealishRepublicofIreland_large.jpg

captain_birdseye_28_454885a.jpg

moon said:
Think Lakey got made captain but it wasnt long after he got injured

Yes, Howard Kendall made Lakey captain in the summer of 1990 but sadly he was injured in his third game in the role.

As Danamy mentions, Keith Curle was skipper for all of his 5 years at the club, IIRC. He should be mentioned - was a quality player for us IMO.

If we're looking at big names, Rodney Marsh was captain from the start of the 1974/5 season until he was dropped from the team for good in November 1975.

I don't remember Mick McCarthy being captain, but some I do remember include, Kenny Clemments who took over from Paul Power, Kit Symons who spent a while as club captain but not the captain on the pitch due to him being a bit rubbish, which led to Richard Edghill, Kevin Horlock and Ged Wiekens having a go at wearing the poison armband too, and also Jamie Pollock who got sacked 'cause he kept getting sent off.

petrusha said:
moon said:
Think Lakey got made captain but it wasnt long after he got injured

Yes, Howard Kendall made Lakey captain in the summer of 1990 but sadly he was injured in his third game in the role.

As Danamy mentions, Keith Curle was skipper for all of his 5 years at the club, IIRC. He should be mentioned - was a quality player for us IMO.

If we're looking at big names, Rodney Marsh was captain from the start of the 1974/5 season until he was dropped from the team for good in November 1975.

Keith Curle was a quality, quality player. I still remember seeing his debut at Highfield Road like it was yesterday.

This is embarrasing !! Going backwards our list of regular Captains.

Vinny - Tevez - Kolo - Dunne - Distin - ?

Who was Captain before Distin ?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I guess any City player who's had a Testimonial will have acted as Captain at least once.

Plenty were not playing the time they got one.

2000-01
Richard Edghill followed by Alfie Haaland and must have been at least another player that season when Alfie Didn't play - there may be several hundred by now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.