little info for u

BlueMoon93 said:
Never gonna happen like but oh well. I would love Eto'o but tbh I haven't rated him for 2-3 years, he hasn't been prolific enough, I know he scores lots of goals but I watch Barca every week and it takes him like 4-5 clear cut chances to get a goal (tin hat on lol). I really like Villa and he is the best striker in the world imo, but like I say, not gonna happen I'm afraid.

DOesnt that make him prolific ? he is probably the second best striker in the world at the moment, i think your getting him confused with Andy Cole mate cos i dont think he needs that many chances to score, he is awsome in front of goal and would suit playing upfront on his own mch more than Villa would....but thats just my opinion.

adammck said:
not my fault! said:
Blue Mania said:
D.Villa and Toure (Kolo) are to be announced by Fri 10th July....

The "sauce" is of the finest quality...

he says talks are in the advance stages with both players and will be announced by the above date he also claims (sorry spursmad) that we are considering backing out of the eto deal as he is just demanding far too much monies around 250k a week mark - but don't rule it out as we are still trying to get him to lower the mark with big bonus's such as, money for top6/4, return of 20gls ect ect....

so it will be Villa if Eto doesn't lower his wage demand and toure is more or less ours :)

I'm sure I said this two days ago....? That we are using Eto'o as a smokescreen and that I can see us buying Villa instead. Will let you take the glory if it happens though (and the shit if it doesnt).[/quote]

ha ha ha

pmsl.

Blue Mania said:
D.Villa and Toure (Kolo) are to be announced by Fri 10th July....

The "sauce" is of the finest quality...

he says talks are in the advance stages with both players and will be announced by the above date he also claims (sorry spursmad) that we are considering backing out of the eto deal as he is just demanding far too much monies around 250k a week mark - but don't rule it out as we are still trying to get him to lower the mark with big bonus's such as, money for top6/4, return of 20gls ect ect....

so it will be Villa if Eto doesn't lower his wage demand and toure is more or less ours :)

what a pile of shite.
you've been listening to talksport you fkin muppet, thats the ONLY place afaiaa that has mentioned 250k a week!!!

Blue Coop said:
10th July is so far away yet so specific, which to me suggests this is untrue.

A club wouldn't decide the 10th July which is over 2 weeks ago to announce signings that are in advanced stages.

In fact, the club would only have a rough idea. Considorring its Advances stages 10th July is a long way off.

He did say BY the 10th but it still isn't going to happen

Am I the only person (too tired to trawl to find out) who thinks Villa is not what we need? He is a fantastic player but I see him as a "support striker" and we need someone to play in the middle of a front 3. I don't think evan Eto'o is the stereotypical lead striker in a 433 but he'd probably succeed due to being physically built to cope with the rough 'n' tumble as well as being one of those players that would scare the living daylights out of the opposition - creating chances for others and finally because he is supremely confident and will not lose faith in himself. I don't think Villa would have the physical attributes or the stomach for it if it didn't immediately go to plan.

IMO someone like Fabiano would be the type that we'd turn to if we couldn't get Eto'o. Adebayor, Drogba or maybe even Forlan. But I don't think Villa, Aguero or anyone else too similar to Tevez/Robinho/Bellamy/SWP would/should be on our radar.

And before I'm accused of saying Villa isn't good enough for us.... I'm not. He's a top top class player - better finisher perhaps than Robinho. But when you have 2 parts of a 3-set you try to get a matching 3rd not start a new one. Somewhere in there is a decent living room furniture analogy.

TonyM said:
Am I the only person (too tired to trawl to find out) who thinks Villa is not what we need? He is a fantastic player but I see him as a "support striker" and we need someone to play in the middle of a front 3. I don't think evan Eto'o is the stereotypical lead striker in a 433 but he'd probably succeed due to being physically built to cope with the rough 'n' tumble as well as being one of those players that would scare the living daylights out of the opposition - creating chances for others and finally because he is supremely confident and will not lose faith in himself. I don't think Villa would have the physical attributes or the stomach for it if it didn't immediately go to plan.

IMO someone like Fabiano would be the type that we'd turn to if we couldn't get Eto'o. Adebayor, Drogba or maybe even Forlan. But I don't think Villa, Aguero or anyone else too similar to Tevez/Robinho/Bellamy/SWP would/should be on our radar.

And before I'm accused of saying Villa isn't good enough for us.... I'm not. He's a top top class player - better finisher perhaps than Robinho. But when you have 2 parts of a 3-set you try to get a matching 3rd not start a new one. Somewhere in there is a decent living room furniture analogy.

I'm with you. Fuck world class players. They're not needed at this club. We need more players like Kevin Davies and Peter Crouch.

mancity25 said:
TonyM said:

I'm with you. Fuck world class players. They're not needed at this club. We need more players like Kevin Davies and Peter Crouch.

Oh dear.

I didn't say Davis or Crouch. I said Eto'o, Fabiano, Drogba, Adebayor, Forlan,...

I think a few people are getting bedazzled by the bling of a star signing and forgetting where they'll play regularly.

Terry is a star. We need CBs like him. Yes please.
Tevez is a star. We need a forward like him. Yes please.
Toure and Lescott are not stars. We need adaptable defenders like them. Yes please.
There are plenty very decent signings (stars or not) that we could do with, before we start getting into the mire of the Upsons, Neills, Sambas, Tucays, etc.

Aguero we don't need. Villa we don't need. Not because they aren't excellent but becaue they don't suit our style. I'm not being snobby I don't think.

TonyM said:
I didn't say Davis or Crouch. I said Eto'o, Fabiano, Drogba, Adebayor, Forlan,...

I think a few people are getting bedazzled by the bling of a star signing and forgetting where they'll play regularly.

Terry is a star. We need CBs like him. Yes please.
Tevez is a star. We need a forward like him. Yes please.
Toure and Lescott are not stars. We need adaptable defenders like them. Yes please.
There are plenty very decent signings (stars or not) that we could do with, before we start getting into the mire of the Upsons, Neills, Sambas, Tucays, etc.

Aguero we don't need. Villa we don't need. Not because they aren't excellent but becaue they don't suit our style. I'm not being snobby I don't think.

im with you on this! however, i dont think it can be suggested that eto'o isnt prolific!!! he is what a CF looks like and is!

your rite about villa tho, he is quality and would love to watch him playin for the club, but we just cant fit him in really without upsetting players we hav just or are in the process of buying! but then again, are we definatly buying the players we think we are???

even tho we are as rich as we are, can't see us spending 17m on a player who is going to warm our bench ALL season! and if the tevez deal is defo happening, then that would lead us to believe that we would probably start with robbie and tevez and a CF... whom ever that may be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.