Liverpool 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our main threat this year.

Yes I agree. They have no Euro football, that is a big help.

Basically, I hope that they cannot sustain this high press style and blow-up around March/April, but they are going well and have a great team spirit. They really seem to enjoy playing for Klopp who has a laid-back style with some comedy moments usually involving his glasses (contrast that with Utd's players and Mourinho!)

One strange thing from yesterday's match. They possibly lack strength in depth and I think I'm right that 5 yellows = a ban yes? Did Firmino get a yellow card for shirt removal when the 4th goal was scored? if so, he needs a bollicking for that. Silly card.

(Did Sergio get a yellow in May 2012? I'd say thats about the only time such daftness could be excused!)

Yes I agree. They have no Euro football, that is a big help.

Basically, I hope that they cannot sustain this high press style and blow-up around March/April, but they are going well and have a great team spirit. They really seem to enjoy playing for Klopp who has a laid-back style with some comedy moments usually involving his glasses (contrast that with Utd's players and Mourinho!)

One strange thing from yesterday's match. They possibly lack strength in depth and I think I'm right that 5 yellows = a ban yes? Did Firmino get a yellow card for shirt removal when the 4th goal was scored? if so, he needs a bollicking for that. Silly card.

(Did Sergio get a yellow in May 2012? I'd say thats about the only time such daftness could be excused!)
Yes sergio was booked,a bit mean i think considering what happened

Yes sergio was booked,a bit mean i think considering what happened
Not as scabby as the league trying to get blues who invaded the pitch banned from games, although I loved Khaldoon's retort in 13/14.

Remind me what he said
We could invade the pitch if we wanted and the club wouldn't cooperate to identify offenders, or something similar. Basically fuck off, the same as UEFA got when they wanted to charge the club over booing the anthem.

They're on the phone-ins now getting all hysterical - one on just now (not a scouser) telling us that they are going to win the treble(?) and klopp will win manager of the year!!
To coin a phrase "calm down calm down"

I'm not even going to deny, that we are a totally over-emotional fanbase, probably why Klopp is so perfect for us. Football to me is all about being carried away one minute and shitting it the next. I've never understood people who are rationale and calm about their team, so many fans talk about stats and formations, analytical, clinical, unemotional, thinking with the brain. Football should be about the heart, being ecstatic at big wins, being gutted at losing any game, first and foremost,we can talk tactics afterwards. At this moment we are dreaming, full of bravado and think we have chance, in a couple of weeks we may be 6 points behind and wondering if we've f**ked it up again and then we will have calmed down.

I'm not even going to deny, that we are a totally over-emotional fanbase, probably why Klopp is so perfect for us. Football to me is all about being carried away one minute and shitting it the next. I've never understood people who are rationale and calm about their team, so many fans talk about stats and formations, analytical, clinical, unemotional, thinking with the brain. Football should be about the heart, being ecstatic at big wins, being gutted at losing any game, first and foremost,we can talk tactics afterwards. At this moment we are dreaming, full of bravado and think we have chance, in a couple of weeks we may be 6 points behind and wondering if we've f**ked it up again and then we will have calmed down.
are you saying that playing with heart and being emotional are the same thing? Not sure I'd agree - though I would agree it is hard (maybe even impossible?) to play with heart whilst denying emotion...through which the thinking can become a bit 'dry' rather than inspirational, boring rather than genuinely enjoyable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.