Liverpool 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool will be in the mix certainly for top four (likewise Chelsea) but looking at their squad, a couple of undeniable talents aside, I find myself questioning if they're performing above themselves at the moment and as the season wears on, will they be able to sustain it. Unfortunately I felt exactly the same about Leicester last year.

Liverpool will be in the mix certainly for top four (likewise Chelsea) but looking at their squad, a couple of undeniable talents aside, I find myself questioning if they're performing above themselves at the moment and as the season wears on, will they be able to sustain it. Unfortunately I felt exactly the same about Leicester last year.
Let's hope they're not on the beetroot and pizza diet.

Klopp has done a good job.
So far. Didn't do much last season and it's early days this, the test will be whether he's done good enough work in the transfer market and on the training ground to enable them to keep their current tempo up for enough of the season. Rodgers tried it with a deeper squad and a far superior front three and the wheels still came off.

2nd best manager in the Premier League for me.
Nope. Koeman, Pochettino and Conte fill out the top 4 along with Guardiola imo. Still not convinced by Klopp, I want to see him replicate his Dortmund success with a different club and better opposition than a Bayern recovering from LVG first.

So far. Didn't do much last season and it's early days this, the test will be whether he's done good enough work in the transfer market and on the training ground to enable them to keep their current tempo up for enough of the season. Rodgers tried it with a deeper squad and a far superior front three and the wheels still came off.

This isn't true aguero......we were a lot stronger in the 2nd half of the season and won 11 games on the bounce from February just to get in a position to win the League. Won 12 out of the last 14, but were 5th in February, so winning those games just made up the gap, we never got away from you. In any normal season, 37 points from last 42 would have been enough.
As you can tell, I'm still absolutely gutted about it and its been 2 and a half years!!!!!!
I really want to believe this year, but it's that hope which kills you, so trying not to look too far ahead. Just enjoying the fact we are dynamite at the moment.

As for Klopp being behind those other managers, tactically I wouldn't disagree, all of them are control freaks, organised, plan to minute details, coach from the sides etc, Klopp is more chaotic, takes more risks and trusts in us just being better.

This isn't true aguero......we were a lot stronger in the 2nd half of the season and won 11 games on the bounce from February just to get in a position to win the League. Won 12 out of the last 14, but were 5th in February, so winning those games just made up the gap, we never got away from you. In any normal season, 37 points from last 42 would have been enough.
As you can tell, I'm still absolutely gutted about it and its been 2 and a half years!!!!!!
I really want to believe this year, but it's that hope which kills you, so trying not to look too far ahead. Just enjoying the fact we are dynamite at the moment.

As for Klopp being behind those other managers, tactically I wouldn't disagree, all of them are control freaks, organised, plan to minute details, coach from the sides etc, Klopp is more chaotic, takes more risks and trusts in us just being better.
Wheels fell off against Palace and Chelsea though and you don't have players on the same level now.

Don't know what you're gutted about, you won it in April :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.