Liverpool (a) - CL Quarter Final pre-match thread

Liverpool v City CL prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worried if Laporte is again left-back, up against Salah.

Pep taking him off towards the end at Everton smacked of saving his legs?

Salah might have to defend out wide a bit deeper to protect Alexander though against Sane.

Laporte came off as he was injured. In terms of the team set up he was left side of a back 3 for large parts of game. Some tactical changes by pep against Everton which I think was a test for lpool.

It will be interesting how the dippers react if they go a goal down, do they push onto us and risk conceding a 2nd away goal or sit tight and come to ours level or one down.
I can see the first leg being quite interesting.

This will be the biggest test of the season by far.

I read about Klopp's tactics and drawing us into the 'mouth of the wolf', a large U-shape he gets his team to create in the centre of the park. They'll hound us and focus on countering down each flank - they won't have any ambitions to control possession.

Hopefully, with Silva alongside KDB and Fernandinho, we'll be able to cut through their various presses and tire them out. They struggled to keep it going during the league match and it's where we eventually got some luck towards the end of the game. If we can control the first 30 mins of each half, without conceding, then we'll win.

Remember when city beat Barcelona at the Etihad last season. We were quite direct I thought and bypassed the midfield at times. Can see us doing similar at Anfield to avoid the press. Pep must have learned from the 4-3 how to counter it.

This will be the biggest test of the season by far.

I read about Klopp's tactics and drawing us into the 'mouth of the wolf', a large U-shape he gets his team to create in the centre of the park. They'll hound us and focus on countering down each flank - they won't have any ambitions to control possession.

Hopefully, with Silva alongside KDB and Fernandinho, we'll be able to cut through their various presses and tire them out. They struggled to keep it going during the league match and it's where we eventually got some luck towards the end of the game. If we can control the first 30 mins of each half, without conceding, then we'll win.
mmmm, Wolf and Hound, you're not Keith Laird are you?

Remember when city beat Barcelona at the Etihad last season. We were quite direct I thought and bypassed the midfield at times. Can see us doing similar at Anfield to avoid the press. Pep must have learned from the 4-3 how to counter it.
That would give us a real chance of winning-at Anfield they pressed high and fast closing down Fernandinho, much the same as Monaco did ilast season. The way to counteract it is to play longer.

The wording could certainly be tweaked,the reason I put it the way I did was to emphasize the fact they haven't won anything for a few years and wont win anything this season,be nice to rub the arrogant twats noses in it.
The meaning of the chant is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.