Liverpool (a) - CL Quarter Final pre-match thread

Liverpool v City CL prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the away game again other day, a lot of their pressing was quite clever, especially from Firminho but he was backed up well by the second press who worked extra hard on Fern. Firminho works to cut off the ball between the centre back and Fern so i think the key here will be Silva dropping into the spaces that opens up and Ederson pinging the ball over that press. I'm sure Pep has used a lot of these three weeks to analyse that but the biggest problem IMO will be lack of time to work on his ideas due to the stupid fucking international break.

Noticed it was pretty easy to create space between their centre backs against Palace, with Benteke easily getting in between them. So, Jesus' job should be to pull those two centre backs apart and allow the runners from the middle and out wide to get inside.

I dont think we'll make major changes to the way we play. Just tweaks (such as Ederson going longer a few times) which the players should be able to take on board without any problem. It was interesting that de Bruyne played a bit deeper and closer to Fernandhino against Everton, a game which seemed to be a dress rehearsal.

I am really struggling to get excited about tomorrows game. I just dont love the CL as much as winning the league title. Cant wait for saturdays game to come if im honest!!
I think we will win at anfield tomorrow though 3-1
I don't understand you at all

Simply can't wait for this one now, most excited about a game I've been in ages.

Time to show the world we've arrived and put these scouse nobs in their place once and for all- would love nothing more to see Sterling shut the Kop up by scoring right in front of them.

Watched them on Saturday and they were so ordinary.............although I completely expect them to raise their game tomorrow.

I dont think we'll make major changes to the way we play. Just tweaks (such as Ederson going longer a few times) which the players should be able to take on board without any problem. It was interesting that de Bruyne played a bit deeper and closer to Fernandhino against Everton, a game which seemed to be a dress rehearsal.
Yep good point re KDB, i can see Silva and KDB rotating that role and at times all three to counter their press. Their press can be a bit erratic at times, some calmness should be able to shut it down.

Silva playing is the main change from the away league defeat. Tactics do not matter to the same extent as him being in the side. He offers so much and will help us retain the ball under pressure.

They will press well as Klopp always gets his sides to against Pep but we were caught out by our own mistakes and just need to be better under that pressure and look long if we need to.

We need to score the first goal so we can control the game more and make them nervous. As long as we score then we are in the tie. A 2-1 defeat is not bad news in an away CL game. A 0-0 would almost be worse because as we saw in the united v sevilla game the away team then has power in knowing 1 goal puts them at a huge advantage.

Pep will iron out the issues from the league game but I really do think Silva playing makes us so much more likely to win. A 3-0 win so that the second leg has less pressure would be marvellous, we can concentrate on beating the rags on Saturday night then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.