Liverpool (a) - CL Quarter Final pre-match thread

Liverpool v City CL prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would leave Raz on the bench for this and maybe sub him on later because He doesn’t really react well at Anfield.

I am really struggling to get excited about tomorrows game. I just dont love the CL as much as winning the league title. Cant wait for saturdays game to come if im honest!!
I think we will win at anfield tomorrow though 3-1
We are going to win the league title come what may. I am not looking forward to the Derby so much as I think the Liverpool tie has given Utd a serious advantage.

We've been in the CL quarters before. And semis of course, but for some reason I feel this is bigger than any game we have played since we won the league under Mancini. Possibly because this team is capable of winning the Champions League. Under Pellegrini and last season we knew we had little chance. It was just hope that we could get a good draw and get lucky.

Worried if Laporte is again left-back, up against Salah.

Pep taking him off towards the end at Everton smacked of saving his legs?

Salah might have to defend out wide a bit deeper to protect Alexander though against Sane.

More likely they draft Milner or someone in from midfield to protect TAA, they'll not want Salah dropping back at all. That gives it's own benefits to us of course.

Wow just read a few pages of RAWK they really are deluded! Talk of the teams being evenly matched so game will be won by the crowd. Serious predictions of 4 and 5 nil to them. Nonsense about how we have no class or culture and have never had to work hard for anything as a club.

I sincerely hope we turn up and play to our potential in these two legs and put them back in their boxes.

What does that even mean ?

Salah might have to defend out wide a bit deeper to protect Alexander though against Sane.

You have been worried all season.

I'll be happy to see Vinny and David in there with Gundo and Stones coming out. Both were horrendous at Anfield, and on that basis I leave them out and have them play the rags game.

David, Dinho and Kev will work wonders and I do think it'll be Bernardo and not Raz.

I'd be happy to lose this game 4-3 if we were to lose, and take 3 away goals back to ours, but I'm hopeful we'll bang a few in and shut up shop. I think this is going to be Ederson's breakout game as a shot stopper, and he'll be well up for this after the error in the last game.

I wasn’t convinced by Laporte v Everton. I thought he got caught out a few times and a more potent attacker like Salah would have punished that. If he is picked he needs to be well and truly at the races.

For all the hyperbole in the build up to this, is there any chance that Klopp goes a bit cautious, concerned about the away goals? 0-0 anyone?

He most likely will. This will not be like the previous league game, and 4-3 is not a great result for them in this tie.

Joel Matip ruled out for the season, so guess Lovren will start at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.