Liverpool (a) - CL Quarter Final pre-match thread

Liverpool v City CL prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m feeling very, very confident. Which is strange, considering it’s Liverpool and Anfield. I feel that it’s our time to shine and our lads and Pep won’t let us down.

That probably means it will end up 3-0 Liverpool.

I’m feeling very, very confident. Which is strange, considering it’s Liverpool and Anfield. I feel that it’s our time to shine and our lads and Pep won’t let us down.

That probably means it will end up 3-0 Liverpool.
I refuse to predict a score, but I think it's pretty certain that they cannot outplay us. We'll have 15 - 20 shots minimum.

Silva didn't play last time and we don't get beat when he does play. Ferna had probably his worst game in a blue shirt v the dippers last time and that won't happen again. And to be fair we had ten minutes of madness which won't be repeated.
Pep will have learned a lot from that game and will have everything planned to perfection. We're in a rich vein of form and at times unstoppable.
Liverpool are behind us in the league for a reason and we have nothing to fear.
A quick start an early goal and I can see us putting two or three past them.

Just about to post the same re David Silva didn’t play.

He is so important to us in big matches.

Stones had just returned as well but he isn’t the same player that was s good or early on in the season.

Hopefully Kompany last the 90 mins and we can cope we their pace!

Pep does have form for throwing in a curve ball when the chips are down in this competition, with various degrees of success?

There was infamous semi against Madrid at the Bernabeu where he played Messi as a false nine and they didn't know who the hell should pick him up, culminating in the fantastic run and winning goal.

Bayern's game against Barca at the Nou Camp was another, when he essentially went three at the back and didn't mark Messi.

Pep got a lot of stick when Messi finally made Boateng look like a sack of spuds, but the plan was working.

Bayern had chances in the first half. Pep's Bayern also created against Atletico Madrid.

At this level, more than anywhere else, if we take our chances, we will stand a fantastic chance of going all the way.
Another one which springs to mind was away to Barca with City when he dropped Aguero and played KdB up top with Silva just behind, that was also working until Dinho decided to slip and gift them a goal and then Bravo went on a made one and got sent off

Before I found out Aguero was out I thought we’d win 0-4. Now I know Aguero is out I think we’ll win 0-4.

Just stay in the game and let them punch themselves out, let them tire and then go in for the kill, no coincidence we scored two late goals against them last time, they were blowing out of their arses

Proper excited for the game tomorrow but going to be sh*tting myself through the 90 mins. I think sterling will start tomorrow as pep has faith in him and we all need to just back the team and the manager. The quality of our team atm is unbelievable and having silva and kompany for this game is so crucial. Score draw I reckon.

If the Dippers are not at least two goals clear by 70 minutes , they are f*cked , they cannot do the headless chicken press for the full ninety as proved in the 3-4 at Klanfield ,we will rip them to pieces for the last 20 minutes and score for fun , forecast a 4-2 win , their midfield is pedestrian and their back four is clueless , they have three excellent strikers , but they have to get the ball of us first.
The best example of how far we are ahead of them is the midfield battle , Dinho versus Henderson , Windyneckin verus KDB and Oxy - Chambers versus Merlin , we are streets ahead in quality , their forwards will be feeding of scraps and waiting for the odd error our defence always makes at Klanfield. Cut out the mistakes and this will be a stroll , but if we gift them three goals again , it will be a close contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.