Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen Pep's comment about referees instructions before the game? Taylor gave a briefing that in effect meant he would be ignoring 50/50 challenges or soft fouls. He did this throughout the game, so fair play to him. But why then overturn our goal, which fell right in to this category of foul?
In some games you'll see refs who have seen a shirt pull but ignore it. What is the fecking rule on shirt pulls?

Wow, what a miserable attitude to our team. Yes, we had plenty of warnings with the endless stream of long balls and most teams would have had more of an insurance policy at the back as the game wore on, but I'm not going to blame our god of a coach. Shit happens and we hate it.
He seems naturally an anxious man though Pep. He's great, seems to have a genuine heart for people but his nervous tick seems a symptom of anxiety. Probably manifests itself when tested in do or die.. type games. .Key reason why i think CL is beyond us really...and wh the fuck did some (a lot) sing that turgid national anthem..ok it winds them up..but also winds up a lot of City fans...embarrasing

He has got a point.

Fabinho was obstructing Haaland from the Ball, and already falling back.

Taylor likely saw the little Shirt Tug right then, and ignored it.

No foul...

No free kick awarded.

We go on to score a goal from another phase of play.

Ref instructed by VAR to go and take a look at 2 issues 1st issue being Ball under control in keeper Hands. It wasn't.

They go back even further to the Shirt tug, the Shirt Tug the ref likely saw but let go, because he wasn't going to blow for it.

Goal disallowed.

All about the consistency for me.

We see this behaviour happening in 9/10 corners, and open play all game, Goals are scored. Referees are not instructed to go to VAR monitors to disallow a Goal for a Shirt Tug in a different phase of play.

Some might call it Paranoia. I feel when we play the cartel teams all our goals are forensically analyzed to find any reason at all to disallow them.

Next week will see goals scored, that involve a small Shirt Tug in the build up play ignored. Zero VAR intervention, Goal given.

They actually changed Hand Ball rules after robbing us.

VAR gives a fail safe level to in game corruption.

And we are more often than not on the receiving end of it.
Glad it isnt just me that sees it that way too, spot on post.

I understand Pep getting annoyed, but those gobshites didn't need any more winding up.

He's made the Liverpool match into a thing. They said he was even in the dugout half an hour before sat on his own?

We didn't attack with any real purpose and Allison had it quiet, that's the reality.

Back on the horse.
Agreed it was stupid from Pep to do that and riled the crowd up… I like his passion though but it definitely worked against us

Jeez, the lads on Blue Moon and Facebook have all the answers - according to their opinions that they're entitled to. Talk to ten fans around me in the East Stand and you get ten finger pointing arm waving opinions. Thankfully, our owner hired Pep and not one of the lads on Blue Moon and Facebook to coach our team. Keep the opinions coming if it helps some of us deal with the result.
Isn’t that what a forum is for?

Even this early in the season a win for us would have written them off completely.

This result cuts the gap, of course still a big one but also has the possibility of getting them back on track when they could have been dead and buried.
Could've had the gurning trampy **** completely on his arse after spouting shit about us all week

I understand Pep getting annoyed, but those gobshites didn't need any more winding up.

He's made the Liverpool match into a thing. They said he was even in the dugout half an hour before sat on his own?

We didn't attack with any real purpose and Allison had it quiet, that's the reality.

Back on the horse.
This sat in the dugout wound me up.

Nope. The truth. If you don't think one of his mandates was to win at least one CL with City then I don't know what to tell you. And what do you think the narrative will be if he doesn't win it with us? It will be dragged up time immemorial to tarnish his reputation.

He doesn't leave here a complete success if he doesn't win it at least once. He can't keep failing in Europe, and we, as fans, can't keep brushing it under the carpet as though it isn't a big deal. It's as simple as that.

Absolute state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.