Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a foul....soft foul yes but a foul

us losing had nothing to do with that...some of out players dont have the fight in that type of inense game...we have repeatedly seen it down the years with Gundogan, mahrez esp...today it was no suprise it was cancello and also KDB who goes missing at times in games like this...not consistently but he has previous for it.
Have you seen Pep's comment about referees instructions before the game? Taylor gave a briefing that in effect meant he would be ignoring 50/50 challenges or soft fouls. He did this throughout the game, so fair play to him. But why then overturn our goal, which fell right in to this category of foul?

I understand Pep getting annoyed, but those gobshites didn't need any more winding up.

He's made the Liverpool match into a thing. They said he was even in the dugout half an hour before sat on his own?

We didn't attack with any real purpose and Allison had it quiet, that's the reality.

Back on the horse.
If that is true then wtf!

What happened to just another game, this season more than ever with them being shit.

Lost before ko by the sound of it, fucking mental.

I don't think we have the quality to win CL to be fair, we have a great technical team passing wise, and when KDB plays in correct position Haaland has a chance. Problem being we do have deficiencies n speed dep't and we set up in such an unnatural way to counteract speed, and it makes it worse. Id rather us stick it out and try and win these games 3 - 2 ...what he tried to do was block off all over laps to our detriment. When he found out Milner was playing sacrifice one of the players, get Grealish on and KDB playing deep centre, ok, extra cover on the Robertson side may be needed but to do nothing when Milner was playing = wasted opportunity. Got what we deserved today
Jeez, the lads on Blue Moon and Facebook have all the answers - according to their opinions that they're entitled to. Talk to ten fans around me in the East Stand and you get ten finger pointing arm waving opinions. Thankfully, our owner hired Pep and not one of the lads on Blue Moon and Facebook to coach our team. Keep the opinions coming if it helps some of us deal with the result.

Arsenal will be at least 10 points behind us in May - the depth and no mentality when it comes to the crunch (as they proved last season)

Dippers will be our main rivals which is why today was so disappointing
Hear this a lot but to be honest theyve been given the rub of the green in a few games, today included, a perfectly good goal chalked off for Bamford and an awful penalty miss…

Easy to say that their endless stream of long balls should have warned us to have more of an insurance policy at the back as the game wore on.
Fucking exactly this. Been saying this now for so many seasons against these cunts.

I don't think we have the quality to win CL to be fair, we have a great technical team passing wise, and when KDB plays in correct position Haaland has a chance. Problem being we do have deficiencies n speed dep't and we set up in such an unnatural way to counteract speed, and it makes it worse. Id rather us stick it out and try and win these games 3 - 2 ...what he tried to do was block off all over laps to our detriment. When he found out Milner was playing sacrifice one of the players, get Grealish on and KDB playing deep centre, ok, extra cover on the Robertson side may be needed but to do nothing when Milner was playing = wasted opportunity. Got what we deserved today
Not sure we will win the CL with Pep in charge, but to say we don't have the quality is not true.

What's the point of telling foden not to attack the guy who he should of got sent off last season coz he couldn't handle him makes no sense
They played it very well. The couple of times he did get by him on the outside, Gomez was anticipating it and cut the danger out before Foden could get to it and pick a pass.
They covered all our usual routes into the box. Stopped the supply.

Give them credit. They knew snd always know what we are going to do and play a game that counters it. It’s a high energy game in which they have to press quickly and together. But they continually do it against us and break with pace. It’s a simple plan, but they do it because it works against us. They just have to have the desire and unfortunately they did…. More than us.

It was a foul....soft foul yes but a foul

us losing had nothing to do with that...some of out players dont have the fight in that type of inense game...we have repeatedly seen it down the years with Gundogan, mahrez esp...today it was no suprise it was cancello and also KDB who goes missing at times in games like this...not consistently but he has previous for it.
The game has been leaning towards skilful players
Allowing them to flourish and play without constant niggling fouls

All of a sudden, things are being let to go
That gave Liverpool an advantage
I can’t wait to see West Ham come through the back of Liverpool players.

Nope. The truth. If you don't think one of his mandates was to win at least one CL with City then I don't know what to tell you. And what do you think the narrative will be if he doesn't win it with us? It will be dragged up time immemorial to tarnish his reputation.

He doesn't leave here a complete success if he doesn't win it at least once. He can't keep failing in Europe, and we, as fans, can't keep brushing it under the carpet as though it isn't a big deal. It's as simple as that.
He will go down as the best manager never to win the Premier league , as a Champs league sceptic and all the bullshit around that competition it doesnt bother me at all , and i dont think Txiki and company would consider for one minute that Pep has failed and would sack him.
Suppose it depends how you value the Champs league , the World Club Championship and the European Super Cup that goes with it , if you think its essential to our standing as football club then good on you , personally i am indifferent to it all , but everyone to their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.