Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has got a point.

Fabinho was obstructing Haaland from the Ball, and already falling back.

Taylor likely saw the little Shirt Tug right then, and ignored it.

No foul...

No free kick awarded.

We go on to score a goal from another phase of play.

Ref instructed by VAR to go and take a look at 2 issues 1st issue being Ball under control in keeper Hands. It wasn't.

They go back even further to the Shirt tug, the Shirt Tug the ref likely saw but let go, because he wasn't going to blow for it.

Goal disallowed.

All about the consistency for me.

We see this behaviour happening in 9/10 corners, and open play all game, Goals are scored. Referees are not instructed to go to VAR monitors to disallow a Goal for a Shirt Tug in a different phase of play.

Some might call it Paranoia. I feel when we play the cartel teams all our goals are forensically analyzed to find any reason at all to disallow them.

Next week will see goals scored, that involve a small Shirt Tug in the build up play ignored. Zero VAR intervention, Goal given.

They actually changed Hand Ball rules after robbing us.

VAR gives a fail safe level to in game corruption.

And we are more often than not on the receiving end of it.
Couldn’t have put it any better myself brilliant post and spot on ..

He had a hand full of shirt and he fell... You know full well you'd be crying foul if the roles were reversed. I know I'm biased toward City but a group is a foul. It's so much easier to watch and enjoy/ appreciate the game without the thick City lenses.
Missing the point.

May or maybe not a foul, doesn't matter as the Ref saw it and allowed play to go on.
This incident happens all the time all over the pitch and is never pulled up.

We broke and shot, keeper saved but spilled and we scored from the outcome.

How fucking far do you want to go back to look for reason to disallow a goal.

It's selective refereeing which is fucking nonsense!

Think a few of our fans went in a bit cocky, really. Well they're still a very good side built almost entirely to take advantage of our weaknesses, this is their biggest game of the season, and we struggle at Anfield. If I can have another cliche, I think this was one of those games where they needed it more than us. The tactical tweaks wind me up when they don't work, and make me think Pep is a genius when they do. But Pep gets paid to make those decision because frankly I'm a footballing idiot and he isn't. We've had worst days at Anfield and still come good in May.
To add to that, in terms of the title race anyway….we’re up against arsenal who let’s be honest aren’t as good as the dipper side who we’ve faced over a few seasons now, we’ve lost a few games to them and we have still come out on top at the end of the season. We’ve another gear to find yet but with big man up top (an option we didn’t have up top last season) should get us over the line

I’m not trying to get into a our fans better than their fans debate
Listening on the TV, every challenge, every appeal, every throw in, corner, misplaced pass of ours, everything was very loud and roared for
In amongst you own fans you hearing your own as it’s right next to you but I’m not saying it for the sake of it mate
You won’t hear a louder atmosphere and as sustained as there today all season

It’s no coincidence that no matter which players we have on the pitch, no matter what formation, over the last 5/6 years when we’ve had some of the best teams we’ve ever seen, our players crumble, they can’t handle the atmosphere
But we did'nt crumble , we lost to an iffy VAR decision and a horrendous defensive mistake , we never ever get a decision at Klanfield , and never have , their crowd makes the officials crumble not our players , we dominated the game.

Nope. The truth. If you don't think one of his mandates was to win at least one CL with City then I don't know what to tell you. And what do you think the narrative will be if he doesn't win it with us? It will be dragged up time immemorial to tarnish his reputation.

He doesn't leave here a complete success if he doesn't win it at least once. He can't keep failing in Europe, and we, as fans, can't keep brushing it under the carpet as though it isn't a big deal. It's as simple as that.

I don't give two fucks what "the narrative will be"

The narrative is written by bad faith actors who are no friends of my club. Why should we, or Pep, or anyone associated with City give two shits what "the narrative will be".

Is it eleven trophies we've won these last ten years or so? Has that changed the narrative?

Yes.

For the worse.

Fuck the narrative! We win lots, life is good, enjoy the ride, it won't last forever. If you go chasing praise from the clickbait whores and opinion peddlers I'm afraid you're going to be perpetually disappointed.

Last edited:
I’m not trying to get into a our fans better than their fans debate
Listening on the TV, every challenge, every appeal, every throw in, corner, misplaced pass of ours, everything was very loud and roared for
In amongst you own fans you hearing your own as it’s right next to you but I’m not saying it for the sake of it mate
You won’t hear a louder atmosphere and as sustained as there today all season

It’s no coincidence that no matter which players we have on the pitch, no matter what formation, over the last 5/6 years when we’ve had some of the best teams we’ve ever seen, our players crumble, they can’t handle the atmosphere
We didn’t really crumble. We could have won and a draw would have been fair. Liverpool played well. I ageee though. Their crowd were up for it today and it lifts the players. Similar to when we play the rags. When we play Bournemouth we can’t be arsed as they can’t when they play Brighton. It’s human nature. We should have played for a 0-0 from 65 mins on and not left so many gaps. We could have nicked one anyway as they got more desperate.

The new formation and the players picked looked pretty flawed after 10 mins, but took the 'genius' until 90 mins to make a change.

He bottles it there and so did the team, won there with no crowd 4-1, and the best result with a crowd is 0-0.

Locked in, then not locked it, and plenty of trouble outside. It is always a shit away day, and less room now the sanding is "safe".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.