Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn’t really crumble. We could have won and a draw would have been fair. Liverpool played well. I ageee though. Their crowd were up for it today and it lifts the players. Similar to when we play the rags. When we play Bournemouth we can’t be arsed as they can’t when they play Brighton. It’s human nature. We should have played for a 0-0 from 65 mins on and not left so many gaps. We could have nicked one anyway as they got more desperate.

Yep there is always fine margins, we just don’t seem to get them in our favour v these bastards

No sympathy for us today. De Bruyne disappeared most of the game. Cancelo was exposed several times. He can't defend for toffee. Haaland had an off day. Only Foden and Silva for me got decent pass marks. We got what we deserved.....nothing. We're far too soft at Anfield. We're beaten before a ball is kicked. Only win in 20 years was when there was not crowd and Liverpool were on a shocking home run. We have work to do now as the London clubs will be a real challenge this season. So disappointed we didn't kill Liverpool off. Big chance and we blew the audition.
We definitely seem to have a mental block when it comes to playing there. We're a better team than them; the league table doesn't lie. But, at kick off, it was a case of hoping we'd win this afternoon, rather than out and out believing that we would win.

The new formation and the players picked looked pretty flawed after 10 mins, but took the 'genius' until 90 mins to make a change.

He bottles it there and so did the team, won there with no crowd 4-1, and the best result with a crowd is 0-0.

Locked in, then not locked it, and plenty of trouble outside. It is always a shit away day, and less room now the sanding is "safe".
What happened outside mate?

This result won’t matter a jot if at the end of the season we lift the trophy, some fans need to get a grip, we are not entitled to win every game.
Agree. And I would never change a win vs this lot for winning the league.
Than again it would be nice to be the better side for nearly all the stats other than the final result.

Also think this persistent uncertainty before big matches continues to make the team insecure. it must always plant a seed of “we’re not good enough, we don’t deserve it” no matter how good the team has been

We are only 10 games in so the reality is that points will be won and lost in all sorts of odd games. You have a stronger squad than us and we are more vulnerable to injuries to key players. I don’t honestly see us challenging you for the league title or anyone else come to that. Our goal is top 4 and so far we are having a good crack at it but I’ve been around too long to count my chickens on early season form especially when the season is broken up with the World Cup. I think we still need to strengthen in January to improve our chances of top 4. Frankly, I know this was always going to be a painful defeat losing to LFC but some of the negativity on here and the criticism of Pep, I struggle to understand. Get some perspective - you’ll still win the league. Of course, there is one positive for me. Another season when no one can match the Invincibles!
We don't understand half the idiots on here either and a lot of the more sensible ones can't be bothered posting as a result. It was one of those games that could have gone either way but some on here seem to think we're playing androids and expect perfection all the time.

The only annoying thing is the refereeing inconsistency. It ruins the game overall and in matches like this it makes the difference. If the lightest of shirt pulls is a foul then it's a foul, fair enough. But what's the point of "letting the game flow" for a minor misdemeanour if it's just going to be pulled back later if a goal comes at the end of the passage of play? You might as well blow for the foul in the first place, and if that means 100 free kicks every match then so be it. As it stands at the moment, it's a farce. VAR takes over the refereeing decisions and it's making a mockery of the whole thing.

Reading on the BBC sport site that we were singing dodgy songs about Hillsborough? I didn't hear any such thing personally, but anyone confirm?

This result won’t matter a jot if at the end of the season we lift the trophy, some fans need to get a grip, we are not entitled to win every game.
Dear god another one. Look nobody expected anything nor do they expect to win “ every game”. The history of results at this ground makes any City supporter want to win this fixture. No one needs to get a grip bar those who tell others to “ get a grip “. It’s a single stand alone fixture that is about the result not losing 3 points but putting this ghost to bed that’s been going on too long now. Maybe next season when City return as champions of England yet again they’ll put these fucks to the sword.

Did you think VAR was used correctly today? Was it used to correct and "clear and obvious" errors as reqyired in the guidelines? Was it used to only correct any errors the referee had missed and not to re-referee an ongoing game?

Not sure - watched a bit in pub after half marathon, thought Haaland on Liverpool player was a foul and correct decision. Thiago could have had a red but think he did slip. Can’t recall much else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.