Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only a 'big deal' in relation to Pep Guardiola. The owners would obviously love to win the CL at some point, but from a supporter's point of view, it wouldn't be the end of the world if we don't.
City's reputation wouldn't be tarnished if we don't win the CL, only Pep's. The club's reputation has been tarnished many times over the years and we've got over it.

Like many thousands of others I support Manchester City, not Pep, not Mansour, just Manchester City. Through thick and thin, whoever plays for us, or is the manager, coach, owner etc. I really don't care about individual reputations.
I said it would be his reputation, not necessarily the club's. I'm desperate to win it for him though, he deserves it and so too the players. It almost beggars belief that we're yet to do so.

My big worry is that if we can't win it with the best manager we're ever had, and the best group of players we're ever likely to have, then we probably never will.

Some might say you support the agenda clan.

Btw I like to add to your comment that super slow motion does make reality look unreal. Haaland pulled the shirt or at least held it in his hand for a fraction of a second. It looked ages in super slow motion.

Imho never a foul or of any influence on the goal. But there you go. And the only aspect VAR has changed in football is discussing VAR decision instead of discussing the refs decision.
This is about phases though, surely? Must be a different phase and, bizarly enough, had they disallowed it for the challenge on Alison I wouldn’t have been half so bothered!

I said it would be his reputation, not necessarily the club's. I'm desperate to win it for him though, he deserves it and so too the players. It almost beggars belief that we're yet to do so.

My big worry is that if we can't win it with the best manager we're ever had, and the best group of players we're ever likely to have, then we probably never will.

Don't stressed too much on it, CL will always have a luck as big factor on it. So what if we don't win the champions league in my lifetime?, i'm still proud on my team and will not trade it for anything.

Chelsea won it with bloody Roberto Di Matteo in a series of some of the flukiest series of games I've ever seen, having not won it with one of the best premier league sides of all times. It happens. It's a weird competition, you need as much luck as you need anything.

Which is fair but the bloke is clever enough to think about a different approach.

Maybe next time play down all the shit beforehand and then pick his in form team in their usual style.
Every time we play these we let the same player do the same thing(Salah). But I suppose when we have left backs that are not the best defensively that’s your weak point. There seems to be too much distraction with mind games. Too cautious and too much respect. I know they are a great side but they have been well under par this year. Why change things and give them the belief? I do agree with the team selection today just not the tactical positions. IT’s always a tight game against these but we should have got a point. And if we dare to give the likes of Grealish and Alvarez more time to impact the game who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.