Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool played with extraordinary energy. Our players underestimated the pace of the game at times and got caught out. Liverpool won't be able to play like that often enough to go on a run. Won't be surprised if they fail to win midweek vs W. Ham. Their energy was tremendous today, though.

Nobody knows what would have happened had Pep started with Cancelo and Grealish on the left and Foden on the right. We might have won or lost by 3 goals.

Why did Pep change the formation? Not because he shit the pants or stupid things like that. Many fans don't seem to realise that there are tradeoffs with having Haaland up front. He's a phenomenon, but he can't press like Jesus or false 9s like Foden and Bernie. Pep is the greatest league manager in history because he understands the balance between attack and defence better than the other managers. Guess he wanted to tire Liverpool down and went for more stability in midfield with Gundo. Things backfired partly because our biggest stars in Haaland and KDB weren't good enough. Foden should have done more vs Milner too. Tactics and formation don't decide games on their own, the players have to do well. And most of them didn't: missed chances up front and made terrible mistakes in defence.

Nothing dramatic has happened. We have the best team in the world. 5 in 6 come soon.
Fucking every time we play the scourers we play like we are inferior

Not sure - watched a bit in pub after half marathon, thought Haaland on Liverpool player was a foul and correct decision. Thiago could have had a red but think he did slip. Can’t recall much else
You probably missed the context then if you didn't watch the full game.
As you missed the game what happened was the referee has been letting the game flow allowing contact and physical challenges, he spots two players tussling for the ball, one uses his arm and upper body to unbalance the opposition player who loses balance and grabs the opposite players shirt while stumbling. The stumbling player plays the ball on and a goal is scored. The VAR team then decides to refer the referee to look at the monitor to review the goal decision he has made due to this tussling for the ball. The contact and "shirt pull" was nothing more extreme than had been going on all game and had no effect in the outcome of the fight for the ball (the player who was 'held back' was already falling and had lost control of the ball at that point).
In your opinion was the VAR operator right to call this as a "clear and obvious" error and to use his powers to effectively re-referee an ongoing game? If a referee has allowed a physical and robust match does the VAR operative have the authority to overrule the onfield referee when a goal has been scored after a period of play that has involved the same level of physical play that has been ongoing all match? At what point does an onfield referees decisions in allowing a physical contest become "clear and obvious" errors?
I agree with the Thiago red card though, he was flying in and would probably have deserved a yellow but as he slipped it wasn't in his control at that point so no card required in my opinion.

Like everyone else I am frustrated with our performances against Liverpool. However I remember when Liverpool were in their pomp back in the eighties they seemed to have difficulty in beating Utd. Invariably however Liverpool still picked up the big prizes at the end of the season. So it is with City.

Grealish has started to show some form for us and would have pissed them right off keeping the ball away from them. Bad choice to not play him today. And that's even admitting I'd have maybe chosen the same team as pep - but with Bernardo out right. At least change it though man

Fucking every time we play the scourers we play like we are inferior

Not really, we played them off the park in the first half at Anfield last season, but missed big chances and the referee helped them in the 2nd half by not giving a red to Milner.

Grealish has started to show some form for us and would have pissed them right off keeping the ball away from them. Bad choice to not play him today. And that's even admitting I'd have maybe chosen the same team as pep - but with Bernardo out right. At least change it though man
Jack’s not a happy bunny

I take it the "Vile chants" these feral fuckers are accusing our fans of was singing the National anthem they were booing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.