Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only persistent uncertainty and insecurity from the fans on here. Nothing wrong with the team, they've proven it year after year.
I'd be shocked if we didn't have the best record against the other big six teams over the past five years.

But football is won and lost on small margins, and any of the other big six, let alone league, are packed with world class players who don't just roll over for us.

Klopp did a great job yesterday. Taylor knew he was reffing the plucky underdogs against the filthy state owned oil club. He knew he had to even up the unfair advantage

We have been beaten by mid table and teams lower in the last few years,it will happen again I am sure but we move on and get behind the likes we have never seen before.C'mon City.

I think the "clear and obvious" stuff is a bit of a red herring, and has taken on a mythology of its own. The ref wouldn't have seen the shirt pull in real time. He was told to look at it, and when you see it on the replay it's a foul every day of the week.
It is, I think Pep’s argument is that the shirt pull was no more serious than any of the other incidents he allowed to go unpunished.

Agree, except that I wouldn't even say we were poor. We were easily the better team and stats back it up. We suffer mostly from having a bunch of fans who think we have a God-given right to win every match, and for some unknown reason haven't yet figured out that it just doesn't work like that.

I think the supporters being frustrated that yet again we have failed to win there is understandable.

None of us will ever know as much about the game as Pep. But it seems to me that when you have a winning formula you don’t change it. Jack has been on fire and doesn’t get a look in, and we looked so disjointed reverting to 3 at the back.

Pep needed to set out out team with courage and self belief. Instead we looked nervous and uncertain most of the game.

Very disappointing but credit to Bernie, he gave it everything.
milner must have been delighted when he saw our team. down to pep that, his use or NONuse of subs is a disgrace

He has got a point.

Fabinho was obstructing Haaland from the Ball, and already falling back.

Taylor likely saw the little Shirt Tug right then, and ignored it.

No foul...

No free kick awarded.

We go on to score a goal from another phase of play.

Ref instructed by VAR to go and take a look at 2 issues 1st issue being Ball under control in keeper Hands. It wasn't.

They go back even further to the Shirt tug, the Shirt Tug the ref likely saw but let go, because he wasn't going to blow for it.

Goal disallowed.

All about the consistency for me.

We see this behaviour happening in 9/10 corners, and open play all game, Goals are scored. Referees are not instructed to go to VAR monitors to disallow a Goal for a Shirt Tug in a different phase of play.

Some might call it Paranoia. I feel when we play the cartel teams all our goals are forensically analyzed to find any reason at all to disallow them.

Next week will see goals scored, that involve a small Shirt Tug in the build up play ignored. Zero VAR intervention, Goal given.

They actually changed Hand Ball rules after robbing us.

VAR gives a fail safe level to in game corruption.

And we are more often than not on the receiving end of it.

Some might say you support the agenda clan.

Btw I like to add to your comment that super slow motion does make reality look unreal. Haaland pulled the shirt or at least held it in his hand for a fraction of a second. It looked ages in super slow motion.

Imho never a foul or of any influence on the goal. But there you go. And the only aspect VAR has changed in football is discussing VAR decision instead of discussing the refs decision.

It is, I think Pep’s argument is that the shirt pull was no more serious than any of the other incidents he allowed to go unpunished.
Well, yes, but there was only two goals where this could be checked!

But I share Pep's frustration with it all. It feels inconsistent, but once the VAR comes into play if he's not seen the shirt pull, and I didn't see it either, then we were always in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.