Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the "clear and obvious" stuff is a bit of a red herring, and has taken on a mythology of its own. The ref wouldn't have seen the shirt pull in real time. He was told to look at it, and when you see it on the replay it's a foul every day of the week.
But that's exactly the point - if the rules say it has to be a "clear and obvious error", subsequently if it isn't then VAR shouldn't be involved.

If a shirt pull is a foul then it has to be given every time it's seen. If the ref has seen it and plays on, there's absolutely no point if it means a goal is scored a few seconds later then is chalked off. If the ref hasn't seen it, i.e. can't see it, then it's not an error. How can not being able to see something be an error, "clear and obvious" or otherwise?

This idea of letting the game flow needs to be clarified. at what point is a foul not a foul? And if you're going to let it go then you can't pull it back later on because it's resulted in a goal, it's ridiculous.

not giving a minute to Mahrez or Grealish in a game like this speaks volumes where we struggled to create anything clear cut all game.

especially as Cancelo was in no man land all game, shit going forward, even worse at the back, KDB had his worst game in ages, while on the left Foden seemed to be bit intimidated from a joke Milner or was instructed not to trouble him, dont know which is worse.

also giving 5 mins to Alvarez, felt so strange.

they used their 5 subs, rightly so as they were running out of steam and needed fresh legs.

Why the fuck do we not have a left-back again?

Say what you will about fucking Boehly but, and I'm not suggesting for a minute we'd be better off if he was in charge, if he had bought the club in the summer a left back would've been through the door in two weeks tops even if it cost 60m. It's horrendous that we find ourselves having to do this bizarre Wallace and Gromit shit at Anfield of all places to compensate for the fact that one of the eleven positions on the pitch is fundamentally unrepresented.

On the other hand we're obviously the best side in the league and we'll win it eventually, but it's exactly these kinds of games that cost us the CL.
Show me a top draw LB who is a shit hot defender???

Problem is all these RB or LB are now wing backs who are far far better going fwd & when it comes to the odd game & they have to defend more they become unstuck & get torn a new arsehole by these top FWD's in the world today

Alphonso Davies, Dani Alvez, Walker, Trent/Robertson, James, Peredes etc all love going fwd but all have defensive frailties

It's only a problem when it happens in these big games otherwise Cancelo has 9/10 game week in week out

If we had signed Cucurella, Raum or Chillwell it wouldn't matter imo

I would have Cancelo all day every day even if we see the odd fuck up

We had chances to win those games whether Cancelo fucked it or not just like the games in the last few seasons problem is as a team & that inc Pep we fucking mess it up & we can't seem to shake it off

Has it cost us the league today no but in Cup football it certainly does

Take our chances & we are talking about 16 point gap.

Move on

But that's exactly the point - if the rules say it has to be a "clear and obvious error", subsequently if it isn't then VAR shouldn't be involved.

If a shirt pull is a foul then it has to be given every time it's seen. If the ref has seen it and plays on, there's absolutely no point if it means a goal is scored a few seconds later then is chalked off. If the ref hasn't seen it, i.e. can't see it, then it's not an error. How can not being able to see something be an error, "clear and obvious" or otherwise?

This idea of letting the game flow needs to be clarified. at what point is a foul not a foul? And if you're going to let it go then you can't pull it back later on because it's resulted in a goal, it's ridiculous.
So you're saying VAR is shit. Consider me shocked!

All our defender shit themselves today for some reason.

Akanji has been impervious so far this season.

Dias normally assured

Ake look liked like he was running in treacle at times.

Bad day at the office. Write it off.

not giving a minute to Mahrez or Grealish in a game like this speaks volumes where we struggled to create anything clear cut all game.

especially as Cancelo was in no man land all game, shit going forward, even worse at the back, KDB had his worst game in ages, while on the left Foden seemed to be bit intimidated from a joke Milner or was instructed not to trouble him, dont know which is worse.

also giving 5 mins to Alvarez, felt so strange.

they used their 5 subs, rightly so as they were running out of steam and needed fresh legs.
Apparently Phil was brilliant. Go figure….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.