Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
but taylor is clearly shown waving play on so he didnt see it ive heard that before
They do that if they haven’t seen a foul.

VAR is a tool to show them perceived errors. It’s then up to the on field referee to look at an incident again and decide whether to stick with their decision or change it.

You are right about Philips. We bought him precisely to stop us conceding breakaway goals (they seem like the only ones we ever concede). It was a great pass from their keeper but there is no way Cancelo should ever be the last man. We still need to plug that gap. I don't think we can win the CL till we sort this issue because so many of the top European teams are deadly on the counter attack (much better than Liverpool).
Guardiola has always left one at the back when we have corners/free kicks and that is Walker. He has the ability (speed) to do it and probably would've caught Salah yesterday.
Personally i think the tactic of leaving a potential one on one is asking for trouble and goes against the 'rules' of basic defending that every kid was coached in at schoolboy level.

As Shearer always says where's the clear and obvious error? Taylor was weak there he should have told the VAR guy to fck off before he went to the monitor. 100 percent that goal stands if they score it

This actually raises a serious point, which I've raised elsewhere. I'd be very curious to know if the ref has the right to simply tell the people in his earpiece that, no, he's not going over to consult the monitor. They presumably cannot order him to do so. He is the on-pitch match referee.
It would be very controversial, of course. Why would he do such a thing? Well, precisely because of this: he would be well within his rights to say, "I was right up with the game, only a few yards away, I was following it closely, I'm a trained referee at elite level, and I saw no clear and obvious error. You may have seen something playing it several times over in slow motion, but neither I nor the other two helping me out on the pitch saw it. It thus does not come under the heading of what you can legitimately intervene for. So thanks — no monitor. I stand by my decision.”

Still fuming.

Their most weakened side in years and Pep set us up to care more about their threat than ours.

Milner at RB and we didn't get at him once.

Have come to expect it from Pep. In the big games he doesn't seem to trust our strengths and sets us up to nullify the opposition but it ends up nullifying us.

What is more bizarre is that he didn't change anything until the 89th minute.

I will take him being stubborn with going to Anfield and coming away with nothing,
because 4 titles in 5 seasons means the season long WAR was won

Pretty much the way I see it, in the cold light of day. Be nice to do those cunts at their place good and proper, though, wouldn't it?
Ah well, we totally humiliated the other lot only a couple of weeks back. That was fun.

This actually raises a serious point, which I've raised elsewhere. I'd be very curious to know if the ref has the right to simply tell the people in his earpiece that, no, he's not going over to consult the monitor. They presumably cannot order him to do so. He is the on-pitch match referee.
It would be very controversial, of course. Why would he do such a thing? Well, precisely because of this: he would be well within his rights to say, "I was right up with the game, only a few yards away, I was following it closely, I'm a trained referee at elite level, and I saw no clear and obvious error. You may have seen something playing it several times over in slow motion, but neither I nor the other two helping me out on the pitch saw it. It thus does not come under the heading of what you can legitimately intervene for. So thanks — no monitor. I stand by my decision.”
So VAR doesn't operate behind a veil & for transparency/fairness, the officials should be audible on TV when VAR is intervening. Obviously, ref can't be on mic the whole time for all the expletives to be heard throughout the match. How Newcastle didn't get a penalty yesterday stinks of VAR wanting outcomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.