Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think It's just about the players Liverpool had on the field, but more about the system Klopp uses
pep struggles with teams hitting us on the break, it's a weakness within our setup, Liverpool bypass our forward and midfield press and hit the channels from back to front quickly,

we are so open when we are on the attack and our own corners are also a danger to us, now add silly mistakes and next thing it's in the net

pep will take losing a couple of times a season if it means we beat enough teams to win the title, so back's himself
Agree with that last paragraph, as that is what winning titles is all about. The pisscan had it down to a fine art at the swamp. Really pissed off losing against these tossers though.

I am putting this loss (our first of the season no less) firmly at the feet of Pep.

Say what you want about Joao’s mistake—and there is quite a lot to be said—but it should have never been 0-0 by that point in the first place.

The system was wrong, the tactics were wrong, and the sub (1 of 5) were wrong. Our lads generally didn’t play that well, to be sure, but I think a large part of that was down to the formation and tactics: Kev was wasted on the RW, Ilkay was unnecessary, if not actually a hinderance with his instructions, Phil seemingly being told to retain possession at all costs rather than test Milner.

Pep is a genius, and I wouldn’t swap him for any other manager in the world, but he got this one wrong.
This , i am going to spare myself the rest of this thread and more fool me for thinking we would have a goal allowed at varfield

If that was a foul the ball would be in play for about 5 minutes a game and we'd just be watching a load of players taking free kicks for 85 minutes, this game included.
Its a foul only in final third when VAR goes over it 20 x ...games can be won or lost in Stockley Park by the invisible men!...Don't get me wrong they should have had a hat full really... but really we MIGHT have changed actics if we went one up...hope we would have as we were done for speed and threat of speed. Walker covered so much of that ground when he was playing and fit...really tough without quick cover at the back. Ederson no longer on 18 yard box after being done a few times and sent off v Wolves - even more reason for speed at the back.. everyone knocks Spuds, but...they are a team made or our defense...especially when we play them at home

This , i am going to spare myself the rest of this thread and more fool me for thinking we would have a goal allowed at varfield
As night follows day any VAR decision in these games (and against Spurs), invariably always goes in the oppositions favour. It'quite ridiculous tbh.

yup spot on....every season esp at their place.

Our set up plays perfectly into Liverpools hands time and time again.
Absolutely, they had to win, why not two banks of four with KDB playing in the middle to try and feed Haaland so 4 4 1 1 formation for me..id take a draw there any day..as it was, we were so exposed ...so often...this will happen in CL as well...v Madrid for example or da'pool. Klopp must love playing Pep as Pep really struggles to be so pragmatic - makes it hard to watch when we play them or Spuds...Kane passes round the corner to the wheels of Son...goal...

Think Cancelo has been poor defensively most of the season- sublime at times going forward but nowhere near as assured as he was last year.
We can get away with the way we play and be open to the counter against the lesser teams as they don't have the quality of the likes of Salah on the break. The really irritating thing is the goal came from our own diabolical free-kick. We were terrible at set-pieces yesterday- corners in particular.
It's disappointing we didn't really target Milner. Foden had him on toast at Klanfield a couple of seasons ago.
With regards to VAR I really don't see the point in the referee getting called over to the monitor. Everybody knows fine well whatever decision has been made on field they are going to overturn it. Might as well take it out of their hands altogether and stop the minutes of time being wasted and save the ref from the thousands of bin dippers screaming in his ear. A really farcical procedure.

I think part of the problem we have when we play there is a lack of competitive aggression. Clearly a better team than them but we struggle when teams are physical against us and can get away with it. Time for the manager to take his gloves off when it comes to dealing with their man child of a manager and really fire the players up whenever we play the fuckers next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.