Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Cancelo as the last man against a team like Liverpool when we have a set piece is asking for trouble. That guy really needs to be an instinctive defender who will win the ball first and worry about where to pass it after that. Walker normally does that job well and surely Akanji should have been the next choice out of those that started at Anfield.
Ar that stage of the game we should have had 2 back not one. Especially one who does not have the speed of Salah.

All any of those show is a ball near an arm. The movement of the ball doesn't change, the spin on the ball doesn't change. I hate the dippers but this is grasping at straws.

Ask yourself, if this was Erling beating Robertson and scoring, would you be shouting at the telly for the goal to be disallowed for 'fair play'.

If it merely touches the arm before a goal it should be disallowed. It's as simple as that.
It would be great to see the VAR cameras confirm if it did or otherwise. Dem is the rules.
Fairness has nothing to do with it.

All any of those show is a ball near an arm. The movement of the ball doesn't change, the spin on the ball doesn't change. I hate the dippers but this is grasping at straws.

Ask yourself, if this was Erling beating Robertson and scoring, would you be shouting at the telly for the goal to be disallowed for 'fair play'.
I actually do see the trajectory and speed of the ball change after it gets near his arm (the ball deflects in to his stride, rather than away from it, which was the original exit angle of the bounce, and the speed of fall from the apex of the bounce is a bit faster than would be expected based on the speed of rise). It’s slight, to be sure, but I do see it.

And, regardless, I think the question should be: would Erling’s goal have been disallowed by VAR if the same had transpired with him yesterday?

It’s a question of consistency and fairness, and I think it is a fair question given in the inconsistencies of officiating shown yesterday’s match and many others at Anfield in the past.

Whether that is down to incompetence, as some argue, or corruption, as others assert, is definitely up for debate.

Once again 'the left-back problem' rears its ugly head.
Why the fuck did we get rid of our only senior left-back? I said at the time that in most games it won't be a big problem, but against a decent team and usually in a big game it would be.
Trying to sort that out yesterday resulted in our best players being much less effective because they were shifted around positionally.

Yep, it's very much a weakness that should have been addressed in the summer
it looks a minor problem, and cancelo for 30 games a season is OK playing leftwing because of who we are playing,
But the better teams know that we are gambling and don't have the leftback good enough to make us the complete team that can go down both sides that can opens up the defences

I feel for pep because its the one big problem has never ever been solved, when you look back all our major problems in Champions League and playing Liverpool have been on our left side at left back,

if you look at Liverpool they are a European team setup and results in the Champions League speak for themselves
Pep fears teams that can go back to front on both sides with pace and target our left side with players a Salah,

I don't think the 3 at the back works with a flat 3 central defenders and Cancelo ? Its one-sided and not balanced and it takes our main holding player out of the game, yesterday we had the 3 central defenders and Cancelo then silva rodri gundogan all deep sitting back, i think pep change it after about 30 minutes with silva pushed up to help foden down the left, but again we just played the ball around,

winter window I would go straight into the market for a world-class left back and sod what it will cost

If it was the other way around no way the replay of that goal would have gone back ten seconds to find an excuse to disallow the goal
This exactly. Taylor allowed the occasion to get the better of him and it wasn't the only unforgiveable mistake he made. Stopping the game and Red carding Bingo when our attack was in full flow just handed the initiative right back to them. He could have let the attack play out and then carded the spoilt c**t.

And, regardless, I think the question should be: would Erling’s goal have been disallowed by VAR if the same had transpired with him yesterday?

I can answer that. Stockley Park would have gone back 2 mins to try to find anything they could disallow the goal with, we all know that forensic analysis is applied to any goal we score. PiGMoL wankers !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.