Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to get over this anfield blindspot. We do things we never normally do every time we play there. Defensively poor throughout, especially in terms of distribution I thought. They played like it was their cup final, defended for their lives, made the most of the absolute fuck up, and we just couldn't get ourselves ahead.
The disallowed goal was probably a foul usually, but what annoys me is that a lot of 'fouls' were left alone by the referee. Ok that's fine, it's a big game and we all want the game to flow - big challenges make great games. But, he's let a lot worse than go, and the inconsistency is what is really annoying. Ultimately though, wtf is Cancelo doing? It's that error that's ended up losing us the game.
No big deal, we'll be celebrating again in May.

So many PEP blaming clowns in this thread but bet they never blamed the ref for missing stuff during the game:

1665942622633.png
BTW seems our Norweigen meatshield has balls of STEEL!

Wow

think I watched a different game to some of you.
Taylor can be a half decent ref , today , that wasn’t the case.
Completely agree, controlled the game for them subtely(sp). How many times did jota just stop, wait for contact chest to back and flop on the floor and get a free kick. Their defenders every time under pressure, flop to the floor, free kick. Milner 2 handed shove in the back, no free kick, all game, Taylor will get a huge bonus, and the next big game involving a team in red. Controlled the game better than xavi and iniesta in their prime

Phil? Sorry mate but he was Mahrez light today. Playing against Milner and Gomez he shat out of it. They were there for taking on and he turned inside EVERY time. Sadly the Liverpool kryptonite has infected the younger players as well as Pep.

Phil was very good. He drove inside because of no overlap, never gave the ball away and was easily the standout.

We have to play Arsenal home and away. A draw there, and a win at ours, and we are fine. Just wish we'd taken one of our chances today, but we don't have to go back there till next year.

We are only 10 games in so the reality is that points will be won and lost in all sorts of odd games. You have a stronger squad than us and we are more vulnerable to injuries to key players. I don’t honestly see us challenging you for the league title or anyone else come to that. Our goal is top 4 and so far we are having a good crack at it but I’ve been around too long to count my chickens on early season form especially when the season is broken up with the World Cup. I think we still need to strengthen in January to improve our chances of top 4. Frankly, I know this was always going to be a painful defeat losing to LFC but some of the negativity on here and the criticism of Pep, I struggle to understand. Get some perspective - you’ll still win the league. Of course, there is one positive for me. Another season when no one can match the Invincibles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.