Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will draw this lot in the CL and bomb out again. As sure as the sun rises in the east. Makes me irrationally angry that there are still some mental hurdles we can't seem to clear as a club. They aren't better than us by any conceivable metric, but we turn into a plucky lower league team every time we visit Anfield. Always shooting ourselves in the foot.

On a cheerier note, I still fancy us for the league. Just have to e-purge today and move on.
We should Kidnap Pep two days before we play them and drop him back off at the post match press conference

Going to anfield is like it was when we used to go the swamp and never win. I dreaded every game there and its a similar feeling now at Annfield even with the team we have now!

Hopefully we find foden out of the 36 year old rb pocket for next weekend cancelo so lucky that he hasnt got a challenge at full back as he would of played himself out the team we could play all night and wouldn't of scored and another pep over think team that didn't work glad we only have to go there once a season come city let put Brighton to the sword next week

I don't think we played badly, we were in control for most of the game and nullified Liverpool quite well I thought. We were very tentative though, especially the 1st half an hour. I think past defeats have scarred us sadly and we clearly went there to try to control them as much as we could and then take a chance or two to nick it. We didn't really do enough to win unfortunately and its a game we'll look back on and wish we'd have done more. It's like we lacked confidence and belief to go there and play them off the park and instead just tried to control the game with the hope of nicking it. If that had been against Utd at Old Trafford we'd have punished them.

We were much better there last season, although Liverpool were much more open last season aswell so it made it easier for us to create chances. Elliot basically man marked Foden and it made it alot easier for Milner to handle him this time round.

The goal was very poor from Cancelo. I love the guy, he's been great for us but defensively at times, especially in big games he just seems to make key mistakes. He did the same against Spurs last season. He's very frustrating defensively. To concede that from an attacking free kick is beyond annoying.

A game we didn't do enough to win but one we should never have lost either.

They've put out a statement condemning songs sung about Hillsborough from the away end and graffiti in the concourse. Which is fair enough.

No statement condemning the coin throwing though.

Cancelo didn't have his greatest of games, but that defeat is on Pep

Again !

Big game and his brain fuses and we capitulate. We might have seen some of the best football ever under him, but we'll never win the CL under him.

FFS Alvarez sub at 88mins...what a fucking joke

Reactions: PPT
He got us there when no other manager has. But call it what you want.

Pep all day long, no matter what.
In fairness, Porto still haunts me. Not forgiving him seems harsh, but it truly did feel like our name was on the trophy that season. He'll leave with a black cloud over him if he doesn't win us a CL. No more excuses now.

Sorry if that derails the thread a little, but our CL burden is comparable to our Anfield burden; which we were treated to once again today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.