Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were poor but there’s absolutely no way that goal would’ve been chalked off at the other end
That's the problem, when you play a top level team you can't afford to have goals chalked off for no reason (as has happened in our last two visits to Anfield) and expect to win. If your performance drops just a little bit you're fucked, our goal stands we win that game despite playing below par.

It will all be forgotten when we win the league

Exactly. I realised after the game that mentally I've factored in this and it won't make any difference to the ultimate season result. I was disappointed but glad thst fixture is over for another season.

Not sure about the CL comment. We've made it to 2 semis and a final.
Not by beating Liverpool we haven't though. Semi final CL game this year, we play Liverpool, you'd groan at the thought.

Hmmm. Ok,I can take the goal being chalked off, the challenge that happens a hundred times per game but if it leads to a goal for city then it's reviewed... Ok fine.

But the two footed lunge? Yellow? Come on, tell me that's fair?
My immediate reaction was if you charge in so recklessly you can’t help but end up sliding in two-footed (slip or no slip), then there is clearly dangerously reckless play - and a red card is due.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.”… not my words of course, but the rules of the game, and hence a clear red card in this case, but not given. The rules make no mention of Anfield, which is odd because different rules seem to be applied there.

A manager that was begging for the five subs rule last season uses one on 87 minutes. What is his fucking problem with making changes, it happens every game unless we're winning comfortably. Pep's game management in these sort of matches is woeful

It upsets me that Pep has this blindspot for certain big games, it just shouldn’t happen.

I‘d love to understand why he’s done that today, he’s without doubt the greatest manager in the world yet once again he’s overthought a game and changed system when we should just go toe to toe using our usual personnel and formation.

Nothing looked right today, nothing whatsoever. So what is the fucking logic?
Can’t wait to see what we’ll win when he gets that blind spot sorted
1665943770705.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.