Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never learn. They play with practically 10 behind the ball. They double and triple up on the supply line to any quick ball into the box. We are too slow against them. We push up more and more to the halfway line with our last man.
They press hard,win a loose ball and break with speed behind us.
Every time.
Exactly. As I said in the pre-match thread. You could see it coming a fucking mile off because we do it time and time and time again and never learn.

One team playing to their strengths and one not.

Speed is the essence of a Liverpool attack and they used that to good effect.

Haaland, with his strength and outstanding ability to find the net and supported by some of the most creative midfielders in the game today was largely redundant.

I couldn't see anything but a win today. Pep is a good manager, but he's not quite what the media portray him to be and is on song when everything is going right for him, but lacks vision at the very top level. Ancelotti for instance, would have got far more out of the team today and probably three points.

We can argue all day about the VAR decision, but in all honesty the result could easily have been 4-2 if they'd converted.

Not by beating Liverpool we haven't though. Semi final CL game this year, we play Liverpool, you'd groan at the thought.
But the point being that the champions league doesn't go through Anfield. Not sure what your point is. If it's "would I want to play liverpool in the Midweek Cup". Then the answer is no. But then I don't like playing anyone in that fucking competition..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.