Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of knew this was coming all week. And then today I just didn’t recognise us. Wasn’t how we normally play and I’m left thinking what an earth happened there. And of course the entitled ones will all be bombarding us with messages like they’ve won the bloody Champions League. Yet still languishing mid table.

Today he played the strongest team on paper.

Some could argue grealish for Gundogan but then most have been slating grealish.

In no way did pep go against the grain today.

Regarding subs, when a game is tight it’s difficult to change too much without risking affecting the rythym.

From what I saw I would have liked Foden to take on Milner more and some of the players decision making not quite there. That’s the players not pep.

Correct. Phil should have been more aggressive.

Maybe one day Pep will stop getting involved with all the Klopp and Anfield dickriding every time we play them, tell them it’s another game about us and their atmosphere is nothing special. Cringey as fuck listening to them all circle jerking before a game and could well be the reason we go in to these games half arsed with no aggression.

We needed some pace in that side today and I’m pretty pissed off Alvarez didn’t get a lot more game time and nobody ran at fucking Milner for 90 minutes, Bernardo is the only one that applied any sort of aggression today as good as Rodri is getting in his role sometimes he needs to bite a bit more and be a bit more ‘european’ in games like this wasting time and being a bit cnutish.

Why playAkanji at rb? It's not his natural position. He should have been at CB with Cancelo at RB and Ake at LB.
Why is Kev playing right wing? Not his natural position .Seem to recall this cost us a big CL game a couple of years ago.
Why didn't we target Milner? Jack would have been a good option there.
Why no subs till 88 mins?
Basic errors in a big game AGAIN !
Last one being Fern at CB and Stones at RB vs Villa. Nearly cost us the title.
Cancello at left back especially with Milner playing. Unfathomable tactic along with Gundo and Rodri playing against THAT midfield. Seems like he’s just scared of both Liverpool and Klopp which is a tragedy. The only team wanting to draw us in the CL is them!!

Frustrating, better team, it was their last hoorah to stay relevant in the league this season and we somehow managed to lose. We are still adapting to playing with a CF but managed to be the better team for the most. Would have liked at least a point but shows how much better we are than them. Need a run of wins until the World Cup now

One other thing, why on earth wasn’t Phil running at Milner and doing him for pace and skill every time he got the ball? I just don’t get what we were bloody playing at today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.