Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stipped
Several things.

1. Anybody who thinks Liverpool are a mid-table team did not watch this match. They were good. They were bloody good. They have been the second-best team in the EPL over the past few years. By comparison with what they've been serving up, they raised their game hugely for us — that's testimony to us, and the hurt we've inflicted on them over the last five years. Several times, chances that Erling has been putting away, calm as you like, there was a dipper defender there to make a last ditch tackle, a last ditch header. A case in point – I think it was Cancelo who put a vicious cross over from the right, not far from the end; it was stolen off the head of the Viking by, I think, Van Dijk, who put it out for a corner. Otherwise, it's a certain goal. Erling himself could have done better with that superbly accurate ball from Kev that he put straight at Allison. Obviously. But he did get it on target. What does my head in is when City players send a chance like that sailing over the bar, or wide of the post. Allison didn't spill it, because he's a damn good keeper. The second best in the league. Which, incidentally, brings me neatly to another point, dear to my heart. Can we stop with the bollocks about Ed not being able to make saves? He kept us in it. Liverpool had the clearer chances. The fingertips he got on that first Salah chance sent it just wide of the post. Not the only one.

2. We don't win at Anfield in front of a crowd. Yes, it pisses me off like fuck, because I've been living with it all my life.
Ask yourselves: which would you rather have: since 2011, two F.A. Cups, six PL titles, innumerable League Cups. Or winning at Anfield? Gettit?

3. Is there one person on this thread — on this forum — who's asking themselves why Cancelo was left totally exposed on a one-on-one with Salah?
There was a fifty-fifty chance of that ending badly. It did. Otherwise, Cancelo was absolutely no worse than anyone else on the pitch. Let's cut the crap, eh?

4. Phil did very little of any note. Love the guy, but they had his number.

5. We'll pick ourselves up, because that's what we do. Over and over. As we did after Arsenal in spring 2012, when we were dead and buried. This hurts like shit, because I really thought we were going to do them today.

6. Our goal was rightly ruled out.

7. Hate the dippers!! I fucking hate them. I hate their club. I hate their fans. I shall live long enough to see us beat them at Anfield.
Sorry
Several things.

1. Anybody who thinks Liverpool are a mid-table team did not watch this match. They were good. They were bloody good. They have been the second-best team in the EPL over the past few years. By comparison with what they've been serving up, they raised their game hugely for us — that's testimony to us, and the hurt we've inflicted on them over the last five years. Several times, chances that Erling has been putting away, calm as you like, there was a dipper defender there to make a last ditch tackle, a last ditch header. A case in point – I think it was Cancelo who put a vicious cross over from the right, not far from the end; it was stolen off the head of the Viking by, I think, Van Dijk, who put it out for a corner. Otherwise, it's a certain goal. Erling himself could have done better with that superbly accurate ball from Kev that he put straight at Allison. Obviously. But he did get it on target. What does my head in is when City players send a chance like that sailing over the bar, or wide of the post. Allison didn't spill it, because he's a damn good keeper. The second best in the league. Which, incidentally, brings me neatly to another point, dear to my heart. Can we stop with the bollocks about Ed not being able to make saves? He kept us in it. Liverpool had the clearer chances. The fingertips he got on that first Salah chance sent it just wide of the post. Not the only one.

2. We don't win at Anfield in front of a crowd. Yes, it pisses me off like fuck, because I've been living with it all my life.
Ask yourselves: which would you rather have: since 2011, two F.A. Cups, six PL titles, innumerable League Cups. Or winning at Anfield? Gettit?

3. Is there one person on this thread — on this forum — who's asking themselves why Cancelo was left totally exposed on a one-on-one with Salah?
There was a fifty-fifty chance of that ending badly. It did. Otherwise, Cancelo was absolutely no worse than anyone else on the pitch. Let's cut the crap, eh?

4. Phil did very little of any note. Love the guy, but they had his number.

5. We'll pick ourselves up, because that's what we do. Over and over. As we did after Arsenal in spring 2012, when we were dead and buried. This hurts like shit, because I really thought we were going to do them today.

6. Our goal was rightly ruled out.

7. Hate the dippers!! I fucking hate them. I hate their club. I hate their fans. I shall live long enough to see us beat them at Anfield.
Sorry, this sounds rude but I stopped reading when you said Liverpool were really good. They really weren't, we were really bad

Why should Manchester City worry about a fast-paced game ? With the quality upfront and in midfield, the team should be relishing it, instead of trying to break down 2 rows of defenders.
Because we have no control when it turns into a basketball style game, hence why we drop points in these scenarios.

Having a team pinned in so we nullify the counter and attack over and over again underrated it seems.

Great for the neutrals though…

Why playAkanji at rb? It's not his natural position. He should have been at CB with Cancelo at RB and Ake at LB.
Why is Kev playing right wing? Not his natural position .Seem to recall this cost us a big CL game a couple of years ago.
Why didn't we target Milner? Jack would have been a good option there.
Why no subs till 88 mins?
Basic errors in a big game AGAIN !
Last one being Fern at CB and Stones at RB vs Villa. Nearly cost us the title.
Did I miss something. Cancelo was RB, Akanji was CB

Hopefully he will have a sit down and a long hard think about why he keeps failing at it, rather than just doing the same thing over and over again and hoping it will one day come good.

After this many seasons the best you can Hope for in a game of Russian roulette is that luck gets us over the line.

You have a record of failing to deliver when it counts so its not unfair tbh. You may have turned a corner with the manager and the city signings:-) but its only October. If we don't do it I Hope you do.

Thanks for the sentiment - I agree we’ve shown a past ability not to last the distance however, our goal is top 4 and hopefully we can get that. As for title pretensions and for the reasons I gave earlier in this thread, I honestly don’t believe we can compete with City. You’re nailed on as far as I’m concerned.

We have a set piece coach?!?! Can someone telling him that having 2 people to take 1 corner is fucking stupid?!

We were the best team in the league from set pieces last season weren't we? Both offensively and defensively. Pretty sure the guy knows what he is doing and we did the two men taking corners thing a lot last year.

Maybe one day Pep will stop getting involved with all the Klopp and Anfield dickriding every time we play them, tell them it’s another game about us and their atmosphere is nothing special. Cringey as fuck listening to them all circle jerking before a game and could well be the reason we go in to these games half arsed with no aggression.

We needed some pace in that side today and I’m pretty pissed off Alvarez didn’t get a lot more game time and nobody ran at fucking Milner for 90 minutes, Bernardo is the only one that applied any sort of aggression today as good as Rodri is getting in his role sometimes he needs to bite a bit more and be a bit more ‘european’ in games like this wasting time and being a bit cnutish.
Watch the amazon documentary pep openly admits on their that Liverpool worry him

Today he played the strongest team on paper.

Some could argue grealish for Gundogan but then most have been slating grealish.

In no way did pep go against the grain today.

Regarding subs, when a game is tight it’s difficult to change too much without risking affecting the rythym.

From what I saw I would have liked Foden to take on Milner more and some of the players decision making not quite there. That’s the players not pep.
Good sensible post. Besides Bingo didn’t play his usual high line. That would’ve played perfectly into Kev and haalands hands. Felt we could’ve gone up a gear in the game and ultimately got hit by a sucker punch leaving me feeling sick at the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.