Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That setup works but it doesn’t really change the truth which is that Grealish is still seriously underperforming. He has shown signs of improvement but he is still nowhere close to where he needs to be. To be honest I’d rather play Cole Palmer.
I'd try cole palmer too! But I think you're wrong on Grealish. Particularly in this game, against Milner.

He will not want to leave with an asterix against his name. The CL and his record against Mr Ed are annoying for him.
Hopefully he will have a sit down and a long hard think about why he keeps failing at it, rather than just doing the same thing over and over again and hoping it will one day come good.

Several things.

1. Anybody who thinks Liverpool are a mid-table team did not watch this match. They were good. They were bloody good. They have been the second-best team in the EPL over the past few years. By comparison with what they've been serving up, they raised their game hugely for us — that's testimony to us, and the hurt we've inflicted on them over the last five years. Several times, chances that Erling has been putting away, calm as you like, there was a dipper defender there to make a last ditch tackle, a last ditch header. A case in point – I think it was Cancelo who put a vicious cross over from the right, not far from the end; it was stolen off the head of the Viking by, I think, Van Dijk, who put it out for a corner. Otherwise, it's a certain goal. Erling himself could have done better with that superbly accurate ball from Kev that he put straight at Allison. Obviously. But he did get it on target. What does my head in is when City players send a chance like that sailing over the bar, or wide of the post. Allison didn't spill it, because he's a damn good keeper. The second best in the league. Which, incidentally, brings me neatly to another point, dear to my heart. Can we stop with the bollocks about Ed not being able to make saves? He kept us in it. Liverpool had the clearer chances. The fingertips he got on that first Salah chance sent it just wide of the post. Not the only one.

2. We don't win at Anfield in front of a crowd. Yes, it pisses me off like fuck, because I've been living with it all my life.
Ask yourselves: which would you rather have: since 2011, two F.A. Cups, six PL titles, innumerable League Cups. Or winning at Anfield? Gettit?

3. Is there one person on this thread — on this forum — who's asking themselves why Cancelo was left totally exposed on a one-on-one with Salah?
There was a fifty-fifty chance of that ending badly. It did. Otherwise, Cancelo was absolutely no worse than anyone else on the pitch. Let's cut the crap, eh?

4. Phil did very little of any note. Love the guy, but they had his number.

5. We'll pick ourselves up, because that's what we do. Over and over. As we did after Arsenal in spring 2012, when we were dead and buried. This hurts like shit, because I really thought we were going to do them today.

6. Our goal was rightly ruled out.

7. Hate the dippers!! I fucking hate them. I hate their club. I hate their fans. I shall live long enough to see us beat them at Anfield.

Yet Brighton go there, score 2, and get a draw.

You have a record of failing to deliver when it counts so its not unfair tbh. You may have turned a corner with the manager and the city signings:-) but its only October. If we don't do it I Hope you do.
As long as it isn't utd or the Mickeys. Though THAT letter on AFC headed paper is a major black mark against them.

Hmmm. Ok,I can take the goal being chalked off, the challenge that happens a hundred times per game but if it leads to a goal for city then it's reviewed... Ok fine.

But the two footed lunge? Yellow? Come on, tell me that's fair?
But Tyler said he slipped, so he was unlucky to get a yellow!

Just remember we made ashley Young look great.

I do sometimes think Pep doesn’t want to do the ‘obvious’. The obvious today would have been to have overloaded Milner by playing Cancelo on the left and have him overlap continuously. Decoy runs with Foden on the ball would have caused Milner all kinds of issues but we barely saw it. Bringing Grealish on to then run at him seemed perfectly obvious as well.

Reactions: PPT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.