Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were the best team in the league from set pieces last season weren't we? Both offensively and defensively. Pretty sure the guy knows what he is doing and we did the two men taking corners thing a lot last year.
We win a lot of corners (4th last year in corners won) . So we score more. You don't hate one of our best players standing and watching a corner being taken rather than being on the edge of the box?!

Watch the amazon documentary pep openly admits on their that Liverpool worry him
Which is fair but the bloke is clever enough to think about a different approach.

Maybe next time play down all the shit beforehand and then pick his in form team in their usual style.

Thanks for the sentiment - I agree we’ve shown a past ability not to last the distance however, our goal is top 4 and hopefully we can get that. As for title pretensions and for the reasons I gave earlier in this thread, I honestly don’t believe we can compete with City. You’re nailed on as far as I’m concerned.
You will get top 4. We ain't nailed on but I would say we are favourites. You have won 9 out of 10 don't put yourselves down. You are suffering from that defence mechanism all fans go through.

I dunno, it looked like we played right into their hands today(not for the first time) and it led to a couple of players not being shown at their best. Our tactics seemed to blunt the effect of our overall play yet didnt negate the threat of dippers main tactics of hard press and hitting us on the break!!!

Not gonna say any more than that regards the game.

The build up however gets worse every year, klopp getting into everyones ear with talk of not being able to compete with our financial doping, all the footy media explaining how the dippers can nullify us/expose our weaknesses (this is everytime we play em), so that when the murderers do beat us they can claim some kind of divine justice for their victim mentality as the plucky underdogs.

The pre match "opinions" coupled with the post match wankfest after a result like todays are embarrassing about a side that has basically underachieved domestically in a two horse league, yet claim to be the saviours against our evil club.

Just seems like everybody involved in the media get together for this fixture like no other, probably funded by fsg.

A couple of gems from skys commentary included the line "CITY ARE FINISHED" if liverpool score again, voice raised in a suitably dramatic and scouse pleasing manner.................in your dreams tyler you old scroat.

He also called the game "an event"..................but only when it was apparent they were gonna win it.

Personally I think this has become the worst fixture of the season now because of the above.

At this point in the season though, its only three points and I am sure we will pick ourselves up and go again for what will be a league treble(still wont be a great side though, yawn).

In an ironic way though, ickle City give the istory clubs their "cup finals" and "best result ever" moments yet we currently win far more, almost like we give em hope, then dash those hopes later, and the war is more important than one skirmish I suppose.

Would be nice to "turn up" there and properly beat them though, in a way that var or anything couldnt deny.

We looked like a team playing with CB’s as fullbacks , nothing more to say tbh , Phil should have gone right second half , Concelo is far better on the left , typical Anfield performance as a whole.
I agree. I would have taken Gundo off at half time. Moved Phil to the right Brought on Grealish and put Kev in his best position.

It's 1 game in October, against a shite lfc team.

Some of you guys clearly cannot handle a full season.

Y'all need to get some nutz
Not having a dig here but no one on this forum is annoyed or pissed because City lost 3 points and you know it. It’s a stand alone game that every City fan wants to win especially at Klanfield. The annoyance and reactions are nothing to do with league position, winning the league it’s simply one result from one particular game, and it’s only the result that mattered

Disappointing as it is to lose to those low life scumbags it still is only three points and throughout a season in such a competative league you get games like this. Move on forget about it and start the run again versus Brighton. And always be thankful we are not them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.