Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
a question on var, if a goal is scored from a corner which clearly wasn't a corner why doesn't var tell the ref to go to the monitor and check the decision to give a corner as it's a clear and obvious error

I’m not worried at all, under performed but all this criticism towards Pep, ffs, he can have the odd poor result but I just wish it wasn’t against this lot. Come May, it’ll be forgotten hopefully, we’ve dropped 7 points, not a disaster.

There is a mental block somewhere in big games for the players and/or manager.
There's a clear, and ongoing, lack of anything approaching the quality needed in both full back positions. It always proves decisive in the big games and will continue to do so.

I mean yeah but what CB worth his salt can’t deal with those balls? It’s one thing if you’re up against a prime Drogba or a Shearer. Or even if you’re battling against some big fucker like Crouch but Jota, Firmino and Salah? There is no excuse for Ake, Akanji and Dias struggling so much against long punts up field. Cancelo on the goal is braindead but it’s not like we haven’t seen similar braindead behaviour from Walker over the years. I would like to think that if our 3 big CBs had dealt with the long ball better throughout the game, Liverpool might have been forced to change tactics. Instead they were encouraged to keep doing it by our weak-as-piss defending.
It was Salah's pace that they seemed to struggle with.

Watched. You were the better team and created more chances. Liverpool crowd was up for it and things just rubbed there way today. It happens. You’ll win the league , they won’t

United fans in the pub celebrating the scouse goal more than the couple of LiVARpool fans. That’s why The Derby win means more to me than todays loss at 800 million pound Crystal Palace of Merseyside

Well done, Pep, give the giddy red scousers the encouragement and belief that they've been lacking so far this season.

Wouldn't swap you for any other Manager in world football but sometimes I just have to say well done, fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.