Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you apply those standards to strikers, you’re going to be one unhappy fella for the rest of your life.

The ONLY one he could have done much better with was the left footed shot from the middle of the goal on the edge of the box. It was on his left and he scuffed it. Allison still had to make a full length, one handed save, but if Haaland had caught it right, or even lifted it, it’s a goal.

Give him Firminho’s or Salah’s service today and I think the result is different.
Oh no, I think Haaland is brilliant, I was just answering a guy who said the team didn't give Haaland any chance. Haaland just as the rest of the team was poor today.

Ok mate, but you think players don't get shit every week, fans will sing shit about players and their partners and their families, most players rise above it, if foden can't handle it, then its his problem, and should never start at anfield again, as they will do it next time
They are still wankers, but get what you're saying

Probably didn’t deserve to lose, definitely didn’t deserve to win. Frustrating but somehow appropriate that their goal should come by way of a goalkeepers clearance, weak defending from Cancelo after an abysmal free kick from De Bruyne. Give Liverpool some credit, they got everyone back behind the ball extremely quickly, worked exceptionally hard and the long ball tactic worked when Joao switched off albeit quite what he was doing on his own remains a mystery. Wish I knew why we go there seemingly lacking in belief in our ability instead of just playing our own way and trusting the players. Milner mustn’t believe how easy his afternoon turned out to be.

We will draw this lot in the CL and bomb out again. As sure as the sun rises in the east. Makes me irrationally angry that there are still some mental hurdles we can't seem to clear as a club. They aren't better than us by any conceivable metric, but we turn into a plucky lower league team every time we visit Anfield. Always shooting ourselves in the foot.

On a cheerier note, I still fancy us for the league. Just have to e-purge today and move on.

Cancello at left back especially with Milner playing. Unfathomable tactic along with Gundo and Rodri playing against THAT midfield. Seems like he’s just scared of both Liverpool and Klopp which is a tragedy. The only team wanting to draw us in the CL is them!!
Yeah, drawing them in the CL knockout stages, esp if we were at home first leg wouldn’t be great would it? - based on our two games against them this season and our historical record.

The officiating was a joke. The Haaland incident was never a foul in a million years. Yet again, "This is Anfield".

Build a wall around them and kick them into the Irish Sea I say. Hate those horrible murdering, self sentimental, self sanctimonious twats.

Sure it would have been disallowed if they scored it against us.
Like the Milners 2nd yellow and penalty that was "missed" last season and not picked up by VAR.
Not sure if it's been posted in this thread, but Pep is quoted as saying "This is Anfield. The referee spoke with my assistants and said he's not going to make fouls unless they're clear, all game was play on play on play on... except the goal, we scored and after it's not play on."

You could see lots of challenges that could easily have been given as fouls were overlooked - for both sides. That's fine, and Taylor applied it fairly. So why suddenly change his mind for our goal? It made no sense. It was totally unfair because it negated his own instructions to the teams.

So if the build up didn't contain anything from us that could have been missed by Taylor, how did it pass the high bar of being a clear and obvious error? Probably Taylor succumbing to player pressure - awfully weak refereeing.

Last edited:
Well this lot are in our heads sadly
Becoming a bogey side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.