Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was like watching a slow motion car crash . The frequently slagged off matchday pundits on here called it that if we continued to let Salah have the run of the pitch he would punish us. Pep knows best they said . How did that work out.!!!!

The usual bullshit whenever we lose a game of "Pep overthinking".

No. He didn't. He played the same system we've been playing for weeks. We were. just poor, and lost a tight game due to fine margins.

Shit happens.

Well he did change the tactics and formation slightly but I have no issue with that and expected it.

The eternal problem against teams like Liverpool is that we are not going to sit back and defend so we run the risk of geting down by that very apporach and the risk is higher against a team like Liverpool.

Pep was looking for a way to minimises the risk without sitting back. It didn't work out but playing our normal game was no more guaranteed to.

I'm guessing that if Walker has been fit, we'd have had a more traditional back four.

What we do need is adding to the squad is a proper left back; although that is a more general point than one specific to today.

Quite the opposite actually, he had an absolutely superb 2nd half
Playing it safe back to Ake?
He smashed one cross in that if he'd composed himself might not of hit it so hard and find a city player.

Yes we all know he was unlucky for the goal not to have stood

Man.. im just so frustrated at KDB. He's the best midfielder in the world he should grab the game by the scruff. In the big games, he has a tendency to fade away a bit. That game against Madrid back in 2020 was good but aside from that I just find him lacking in these tight games. I know people are going to say that he wasn't playing in his normal position but that's not really the reason. He wasn't playing wide, was he? It was Cancelo, Kev was still central albeit a bit further forward but you can't really pin down his position today as the major reason for his performance.
He played like a right winger today. That’s why he wasn’t in the game. Should have played central.

Bad day at the office far too passive and waited too long for subs yet again but onto next week we’ll still win the league by 10+ points while those lot will struggle to make top 4

Did Haaland have a single good chance?

Pep has explained often that he doesn’t make changes just because we fall behind or we haven’t scored, He keeps things the same as long as the game is going the way he wants, if we are on top in possession and creating chances.

So how do you get to 75/80 minutes without creating a single chance for your goalscoring machine and think “Nothing needs changing here, this is going fine”?

Bringing on Alvarez for 1 minute is a piss take as well, clearly he’s not expecting the kid to do anything, so what’s the reasoning behind that?

We will still win the league, this match doesn’t change anything there, but it’s certainly got me tempering any CL hopes.
Haaland had a header, a chance to chip Allison and a scuffed shot. All good chances.

Yeah, drawing them in the CL knockout stages, esp if we were at home first leg wouldn’t be great would it? - based on our two games against them this season and our historical record.
I though the away goals thing was scrapped in the CL or was that only during covid . . . or did I just imagine it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.