Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancelo didn't have his greatest of games, but that defeat is on Pep

Again !

Big game and his brain fuses and we capitulate. We might have seen some of the best football ever under him, but we'll never win the CL under him.

FFS Alvarez sub at 88mins...what a fucking joke

Agree. One would think these big game demons would’ve left him by now.
I thought the line-up was spot on from Pep, I would have probably picked the same team, maybe Alvarez instead of Gundogan. But when he sees nothing works in attack after 55-60 minutes, you HAVE TO make changes. His stubborness caused us a loss today and it will happen again, just hopefully not in our next CL final.

The result matters not a thing when we're winning the league. Cant have everything. Just cant. And its not our cup final, I think maybe some of you guys see it that way. We have bigger fish to batter imo.
The result matters because of the history. Nobody is saying this is about winning or losing a league and you know it. No one is saying rather beat Liverpool and lose the league either. You know this too. If you feel differently that’s grand I get it but people coming on saying man up, get some balls etc is absolute fucking nonsense.

In fairness, Porto still haunts me. Not forgiving him seems harsh, but it truly did feel like our name was on the trophy that season. He'll leave with a black cloud over him if he doesn't win us a CL. No more excuses now.

Sorry if that derails the thread a little, but our CL burden is comparable to our Anfield burden; which we were treated to once again today.
Yeah but we're getting closer and closer. Just needs time.

Think we have now lost twice in 5 seasons to the besterest team ever to walk on planet earth

We’ve lost the last three games we’ve played against them unless you’re talking just pl? Even then it’s more than two in five seasons though.

4 points behind, need to start taking Arsenal seriously, they beat this Liverpool team, Liverpool have been decent at home this season it's their away form where they crumble. Arsenal are our title rivals this year and I'd say Tottenham with Conte. Dippers are 10 points behind even though they beat us.
Arsenal were lucky today. Leeds missed a penalty, and some really big chances.

Not saying you are wrong in your assessment.

Just that tougher tests await them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.