Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you hear that crowd today, you think they were like that for Brighton, do you think the players were as up for it ?
We are the biggest game for them now and we face a completely different Liverpool than anyone else

Look at how far some shite Liverpool sides over the years have gone in CL over the years, they reached 2 finals in 3 years in 2005-2007
The stadium and support is unfortunately as good as it gets for a big game and our players like most on these occasions feel it and it gets to them and throws them off their game

I just hope we can get something close to it at our place and give them a decent 2/3-0 beating

Liverpool fans only started singing en-masse when Salah scored.

In fairness, Porto still haunts me. Not forgiving him seems harsh, but it truly did feel like our name was on the trophy that season. He'll leave with a black cloud over him if he doesn't win us a CL. No more excuses now.

Sorry if that derails the thread a little, but our CL burden is comparable to our Anfield burden; which we were treated to once again today.
Black cloud? What a load of utter shite

Dont see a roblem with Pep's tactics or selection , we were the better team throughout , and controlled the game it was our creative players who were lacking the final ball , we got in to dozens of promising postions and wasted all of them , how can that be down to Pep , it's the players.
The only way the Dippers were going to beat us was obvious before the game it would be a referee/VAR decision and a mistake from one of our players , and both were provided to yet again the Dippers a result they never deserved.
One thing is for sure the Dippers are not a threat to our title , they can raise their game against us and for the Chanps league but their team looks shot , take Salah out of their team who has been missing all season and they are a mid-table team at best.
Ignore all the agenda driven bull shit over the next few days because in May it will be us picking up another title , the Dippers can enjoy their shallow victory , they know they were second best and hanging on for dear life and today's result changes nothing.
3 points is 3 points.

It was a disappointing game and I feared the worse when I saw the line up, like many others did. Liverpool have had quite a few injury problems and we should've been ripping Milner a new one quite honestly and pushing for a penalty. I don't know why KdB wasn't in the middle as he does his best work there. He wasn't anywhere the level he can play today though.

I was disappointed with their goal. We basically left Salah with Cancelo and, let's be honest, he's not a good defender. It was such a simple goal and the kind of goal we shouldn't be conceding. I completely understand why we had players up but given he's not as quick as Walker he was left exposed and gifted it to Salah. It wasn't like we had to win the game, a draw would've been a great result.

Ultimately though, I've watched this game before. Pep overthinks the big game, moves our players around to cope with the opposition. And then we get beat. I just wish we could go to Anfield, for once, with the same team that played the week before and won. Let them worry about how to stop Haaland, KdB, Bernardo, Foden etc for once! We rarely get beat by a phenomenal piece of skill against Liverpool, it's just a ball over the top - that's it.

The sub was pointless. When we're winning 5-0 we get 5 changes and kill the game off. Today we had one - I'd have played Alvarez in the second half to run at Milner to be honest as I think he'd have enjoyed that.

Anyway, I'm sure it's the usual blip and we'll go back to our normal team and beat the opposition 4-0.

On many other days yes.....but the way the game was refereed if that was on the halfway line probably not a foul. Would have lost one soon after though, we are pretty poor against aggressive attacks...our game is getting many behind the ball, good shape and brave blocking. Against a counter attacking team we are vulnerable. Ever since Eddy's sending off v Wolves he stays very deep, i prefer that but does give the oppo lots of space. I can see us losing at home like this to this lot. They deserved it today, they had loads of those chances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.