Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes plus 2 draws in the league last season against the team that most folk on here think we are miles better than...odd that, no wins in 5 but we're apparently miles better than them
We're better than them and have been in what, 10 of the last 11 seasons?

The result matters because of the history. Nobody is saying this is about winning or losing a league and you know it. No one is saying rather beat Liverpool and lose the league either. You know this too. If you feel differently that’s grand I get it but people coming on saying man up, get some balls etc is absolute fucking nonsense.
Yup its not as life affecting for me. Titles at the end of the season are.

I am putting this loss (our first of the season no less) firmly at the feet of Pep.

Say what you want about Joao’s mistake—and there is quite a lot to be said—but it should have never been 0-0 by that point in the first place.

The system was wrong, the tactics were wrong, and the sub (1 of 5) were wrong. Our lads generally didn’t play that well, to be sure, but I think a large part of that was down to the formation and tactics: Kev was wasted on the RW, Ilkay was unnecessary, if not actually a hinderance with his instructions, Phil seemingly being told to retain possession at all costs rather than test Milner.

Pep is a genius, and I wouldn’t swap him for any other manager in the world, but he got this one wrong.
I have to agree Cancelo and KdB were occupying the same space and completely nullifying us - should have been changed at half time…

Credit liverpool in the way they set the trap when out Centre halves had the ball but that came from the lack of width - which Mahrez/Grealish would have provided

It was criminal that we didn’t put Milner and Gomez (who had a good game) under a lot more pressure

On the balance liverpool had the better opportunities and deserved it - but we chocked big time… I just hope as pep said last season we don’t regret not killing them off

Can somebody write down the list of remaining fixtures of City, Arsenal , Liverpool and Tottenham until the World Cup.. just for some table predictions..

Who said anything about hiding? I won't be hiding from anyone. Lots of Liverpool fans in work tomorrow, but I'll be in as usual. I just don't want to read the mass scouse love in that's on the way. As for Harris, Delaney, Panja etc etc,
Fair enough Jim. Just remind them of last year's title win.
Watch the amazon documentary pep openly admits on their that Liverpool worry him
Worry is akin to fear and has to be conquered.

Who will win us the CL? If Pep cannot do it are you saying sack him?
I've said many times that we won't win the CL under Pep. He failed to deliver it at Bayern, and I don't see him achieving it at City.
Personally, I think he shows the opposition far too much respect, and when it comes to the really important games, invariably outwits himself tactically.

I really don't care if we never win the CL. It's a fraud of a tournament that will probably be consigned to history in the next few years to make way for the Super League.

I'm more than happy winning the PL, and just hope that we can keep doing that when Pep eventually leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.