Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes plus 2 draws in the league last season against the team that most folk on here think we are miles better than...odd that, no wins in 5 but we're apparently miles better than them
They are better than us are they? 4 league titles to 1 in last 5 years says otherwise. Even the rags have beaten us regularly in the last 10 years but who is better over a season?

Fabhinho was falling backwards into him to try to get the free kick.God I hate the dippers and how Thiago was not red carded is a mystery to me
He had a hand full of shirt and he fell... You know full well you'd be crying foul if the roles were reversed. I know I'm biased toward City but a group is a foul. It's so much easier to watch and enjoy/ appreciate the game without the thick City lenses.

It was a disappointing game and I feared the worse when I saw the line up, like many others did. Liverpool have had quite a few injury problems and we should've been ripping Milner a new one quite honestly and pushing for a penalty. I don't know why KdB wasn't in the middle as he does his best work there. He wasn't anywhere the level he can play today though.

I was disappointed with their goal. We basically left Salah with Cancelo and, let's be honest, he's not a good defender. It was such a simple goal and the kind of goal we shouldn't be conceding. I completely understand why we had players up but given he's not as quick as Walker he was left exposed and gifted it to Salah. It wasn't like we had to win the game, a draw would've been a great result.

Ultimately though, I've watched this game before. Pep overthinks the big game, moves our players around to cope with the opposition. And then we get beat. I just wish we could go to Anfield, for once, with the same team that played the week before and won. Let them worry about how to stop Haaland, KdB, Bernardo, Foden etc for once! We rarely get beat by a phenomenal piece of skill against Liverpool, it's just a ball over the top - that's it.

The sub was pointless. When we're winning 5-0 we get 5 changes and kill the game off. Today we had one - I'd have played Alvarez in the second half to run at Milner to be honest as I think he'd have enjoyed that.

Anyway, I'm sure it's the usual blip and we'll go back to our normal team and beat the opposition 4-0.
Cancelo nearly got caught again 5 mins after the goal with exactly the same ball

Black cloud? What a load of utter shite
Nope. The truth. If you don't think one of his mandates was to win at least one CL with City then I don't know what to tell you. And what do you think the narrative will be if he doesn't win it with us? It will be dragged up time immemorial to tarnish his reputation.

He doesn't leave here a complete success if he doesn't win it at least once. He can't keep failing in Europe, and we, as fans, can't keep brushing it under the carpet as though it isn't a big deal. It's as simple as that.

No sympathy for us today. De Bruyne disappeared most of the game. Cancelo was exposed several times. He can't defend for toffee. Haaland had an off day. Only Foden and Silva for me got decent pass marks. We got what we deserved.....nothing. We're far too soft at Anfield. We're beaten before a ball is kicked. Only win in 20 years was when there was not crowd and Liverpool were on a shocking home run. We have work to do now as the London clubs will be a real challenge this season. So disappointed we didn't kill Liverpool off. Big chance and we blew the audition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.