Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep's dipperphobia kicked in again today. Fucking psychological right now. We might need a shrink or something.
He is petrified of pace against us...without Kyle (when he's on form) makes defending very difficult, all forwards in prem have pace to burn.... we need a system away where we nulify this. Spurs will tear us a new one if we have this set up...Son s lightning and Kane plays those balls round the corner...Martinelli at Arsenal would fancy himself against us as well. I think we are a great team, we do have a great manager...but in 'cup tie' type games - we get it wrong quite a lot really...Champions League anybody?...probably not

Liverpool fans only started singing en-masse when Salah scored.

You weren’t listening to the same match as me mate, not being funny but it might be your TV or something because that place was roaring from start to finish

Probably didn’t deserve to lose, definitely didn’t deserve to win. Frustrating but somehow appropriate that their goal should come by way of a goalkeepers clearance, weak defending from Cancelo after an abysmal free kick from De Bruyne. Give Liverpool some credit, they got everyone back behind the ball extremely quickly, worked exceptionally hard and the long ball tactic worked when Joao switched off albeit quite what he was doing on his own remains a mystery. Wish I knew why we go there seemingly lacking in belief in our ability instead of just playing our own way and trusting the players. Milner mustn’t believe how easy his afternoon turned out to be.
Yep, they defended well, with Elliot protecting Milner in particular, and hoofed. With salah up front it will make our defenders twitch so it’s hard to work out when to step up. But I don’t think it down to a lack of belief, the way they played set the tone and it was hard to find the space - I thought the game was dull to watch for the most part. They’re like Burnley of old on speed and salbutamol.

A bizarre refereeing performance as well. He let it get out of control & I’m just glad we didn’t come away with any injuries on that pitch.

Not sure about that. Think Arsenal are genuine contenders. Don’t rule out Chelsea.
Arsenal will be at least 10 points behind us in May - the depth and no mentality when it comes to the crunch (as they proved last season)

Dippers will be our main rivals which is why today was so disappointing

They are better than us are they? 4 league titles to 1 in last 5 years says otherwise. Even the rags have beaten us regularly in the last 10 years but who is better over a season?

They might not be better than us over a season or able to break teams down as well, but saying that the difference twice has been a point
But head to head they are favourites when we play

Yep, they defended well, with Elliot protecting Milner in particular, and hoofed. With salah up front it will make our defenders twitch so it’s hard to work out when to step up. But I don’t think it down to a lack of belief, the way they played set the tone and it was hard to find the space - I thought the game was dull to watch for the most part. They’re like Burnley of old on speed and salbutamol.

A bizarre refereeing performance as well. He let it get out of control & I’m just glad we didn’t come away with any injuries on that pitch.
He totally lost it in the final 10!

Can’t believe he didn’t several fouls for both sides - Thiago one looked nasty in real time but I’ve not seen a replay yet

Can see the same happening at Arsenal and Spurs.

Pep just changes and experiments for the big games. Nothing we can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.