Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

To be honest, if they beat us at the Etihad, and go on to win the league, I think they deserve it.

And if you put a gone to my head and told me I had to pick between them and Liverpool stopping us from winning four in a row, I would pick Arsenal, as we would never hear the end of it if they won it again in Klopp’s final season.

At least with Arsenal Pep would have the opportunity to put Arteta and co back in their place next season (and would be more likely to stick around to do it).

You don’t even need to put a gun to my head, it’s a no brainer.

But I don’t harbour any animosity towards arsenal really unlike a lot of blues do. Always disliked Spurs and I used to quite like watching Arsenal under Wenger - I used to look at them and dream City could play football like that one day haha.

So if Arsenal do get the better of us and win the title this year, then well done to them, fair play etc. it is what it is and we go again next year.

The dippers on the other hand, goofy winning the league in his little victory lap, it’s unthinkable.

That second half performance was absolutely unacceptable. Work so hard to go in with a deserved lead, only to throw it away instantly.

Can't blame Ederson for the pen, Ake has sold him massively short and then Nunez has dived over him.

Kevin wasn't running and wasn't playing well, so Pep was right to bring him off. Doku nearly stole it for us and then nearly gifted it to them. Haaland played well in the build up, given absolutely no service. Walker a class apart. Rodri with his worst performance of the season.
For me Ederson never made contact with Nunez.

That converted pen inspired the dippers and the atmos in the ground changed and swung the momentum to them.

We were fortunate to come away with a point in the end.

Felt for Ake, usually so reliable.

I've been saying for a while now that if we have another transfer window as bad as last year's, we might even have to worry about making the top 4. We can't afford to make mistakes by signing mediocre players like Nunes and Doku, because that's not the level of a Champions League-winning team.
People won’t like it but you are not wrong. In my opinion, we are the 3rd best team in the league this season, and honestly I’d expect the final table to reflect that. If we have another Doku, Nunes, Kovacic, Gvardiol summer, whilst selling a couple of big players again (Bernardo for example), then we’ll be in trouble. We can reverse it and come back as top dogs next season, but it’s going to take a vastly better summer transfer window than the last one.

You don’t even need to put a gun to my head, it’s a no brainer.

But I don’t harbour any animosity towards arsenal really unlike a lot of blues do. Always disliked Spurs and I used to quite like watching Arsenal under Wenger - I used to look at them and dream City could play football like that one day haha.

So if Arsenal do get the better of us and win the title this year, then well done to them, fair play etc. it is what it is and we go again next year.

The dippers on the other hand, goofy winning the league in his little victory lap, it’s unthinkable.
You’ll always have to put a gun to me head to get me to pick a team other than City to win the league. ;-)

Very poor performance today. Getting overun in midfield far too often & couldnt keep the ball long enough.
Not one to judge Pep but I thought Haaland was very poor today & should have been substituted instead of DeBruyne.

I think the performance of the team was terrible. I’m ok with the point but if there was anytime to go for the win today was it.

Alvarez was poor today but he’s not a winger.
we won 10 drew 1 with him up front when Haaland was out, playing best football of the season so far.
Beat scousers 4-1 last year with him up front not EH.
I don't think Pep is doing the lad any favours by shoehorning him into the team. If we're being realistic he's not starting ahead of Haaland unless the big man is injured or rested. He's a good player and seems to be a good lad, I get that Pep likes him but this is professional sport and I sense that the fan base won't tolerate many more performances like today from him. Let's face it, he was dire. Time for him to have a spell on the bench for his own sake and for the good of team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.