Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

I thought this up to a couple of weeks ago. Now I really don’t see them being a threat in the latter stages. To be honest I don’t see any as being a threat. And I’m normally/used to being a ‘glass half empty’ blue!

I think you're right. Liverpool are fucked if they're tired at the beginning of Ocotber and if (as the last 10 days has shown) they can't play well when not at 100%.

Chelsea are good but they will have too many days like West Ham to match us IMO, similar to us in 16/17 when Pep first arrived.

Klopp has already stated that he'll now find time for his 'fringe' players, but without the League Cup to keep things ticking over, he'll be forced to play them in league games, all the time knowing that one slip could prove very costly. I can thus see him relying ever more on Milner/Henderson et al. and the horse becoming increasingly flogged.

Was intrigued to see how narrow Stones/Ederson/Laporte kept it yesterday. Normally, the two defenders peel out quite wide and stretch the opponent, but yesterday they went to the line and sometimes even stayed within the box to keep it much tighter. Given that they haven't had time to practise doing that in matches, it was a brave and highly accomplished performance,

Was intrigued to see how narrow Stones/Ederson/Laporte kept it yesterday. Normally, the two defenders peel out quite wide and stretch the opponent, but yesterday they went to the line and sometimes even stayed within the box to keep it much tighter. Given that they haven't had time to practise doing that in matches, it was a brave and highly accomplished performance,

Tell that to Fred Ayre!!!

Sane does very little defensively compared to Sterling. Had we have started with Sane on the left, I feel we will have struggled down the lhs
I never said start with Sane! I would have took Mahrez off, put Sterling on the right, and Sane on the left...neither Sterling or Mahrez were playing that well and not once in the game did they swap wings and have a go at a different full back, which I thought they might have done at least once for five or ten minutes

I never said start with Sane! I would have took Mahrez off, put Sterling on the right, and Sane on the left...neither Sterling or Mahrez were playing that well and not once in the game did they swap wings and have a go at a different full back, which I thought they might have done at least once for five or ten minutes
I agree neither were playing well but Sterling does track back a lot more willingly than Sane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.