Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

As for the match yesterday, I thought it was intriguing but quite clearly Pep out thought Klopp.
Cracking post but I've selected this bit. Pep did out-think Klopp and he couldn't respond. So now the boot is on their foot and Klopp has to work out how to beat Pep. I don't think he'll find that quite so easy as I think that he's a good coach but a bit one-dimensional.

We've all seen the Liverpool plan. Press like hell for 15-20 minutes. Catch the opposition, particularly an open team like us, on the hop. Score a goal or two then sit back, have a bit of a breather and go more compact, with the press deeper and let the opposition come at them. Win the ball and get it forward to the front three quickly. Then for the last 20 minutes, when they''re completely knackered, withdraw to your own final third and sit tight.

Great point as you could see in Klopps face that he knew his team will not be good enough to win it this season.

As WilfWild1937 (RIP) said to me when I visited him in hospital, Liverpool are scared of united and they will drop more points than we do against them and others now.

Boring??
And regarding the fake hatred; i had a softish for lfc from the 70's onwards. Great teams and great players. Wasn't overkeen on the scouse hoolie during the 80's but enjoyed them giving the rags shit. In fact i had no issues with the scouse family up until a couple of seasons ago. I find their treatment of Sterling annoying and wondered at the hypocrisy given Coutinho couldn't get out fast enough and they still cheered him.
Then we had the chumps league debacle, sponsored by the club, coppers and blind ref's. Seeing those twats bricking the bus pissed me right off. Normally i'd have wanted them to go on and win the comp' but i laughed my cock off at Ramos' masterful fucking up of their 'destiny'.
On top of all that, the fuckers slagging Sterling off when playing for England finally did it for me and now i will happily give any red scouse the shite they deserve, and there will be nothing 'fake' about it.
Yep, that pretty much sums it up.
I will always hate Utd the most, just elevated these wankers above Tottenham that’s all.

Boring??
And regarding the fake hatred; i had a softish for lfc from the 70's onwards. Great teams and great players. Wasn't overkeen on the scouse hoolie during the 80's but enjoyed them giving the rags shit. In fact i had no issues with the scouse family up until a couple of seasons ago. I find their treatment of Sterling annoying and wondered at the hypocrisy given Coutinho couldn't get out fast enough and they still cheered him.
Then we had the chumps league debacle, sponsored by the club, coppers and blind ref's. Seeing those twats bricking the bus pissed me right off. Normally i'd have wanted them to go on and win the comp' but i laughed my cock off at Ramos' masterful fucking up of their 'destiny'.
On top of all that, the fuckers slagging Sterling off when playing for England finally did it for me and now i will happily give any red scouse the shite they deserve, and there will be nothing 'fake' about it.

There's a list as long as your arm of reasons to hate Liverpool. Well, Liverpool fans anyway.

But unfortunately, we still have some fans who are too insecure to hate any club except for United.

Their whole reason for existing is to hate United and they're so hurt by it that they can't comprehend how anyone could hate another club.

Boring??
People are showing their age when they try and make out a full decade(if not more) isn't a bloody long time to begin with. Having said that there are plenty of blues have have hated them from the 70s and before it.

Boring game but a point will do despite the penalty miss.

Too many city fans jumping on the fake hatred of liverpool band wagon, with the united songs, very different from 10 years ago or even 6.

But not for anyone who was at Anfield in the 1970s.

Most horrible bunch of ****s ever, bar none.

Cracking post but I've selected this bit. Pep did out-think Klopp and he couldn't respond. So now the boot is on their foot and Klopp has to work out how to beat Pep. I don't think he'll find that quite so easy as I think that he's a good coach but a bit one-dimensional.

We've all seen the Liverpool plan. Press like hell for 15-20 minutes. Catch the opposition, particularly an open team like us, on the hop. Score a goal or two then sit back, have a bit of a breather and go more compact, with the press deeper and let the opposition come at them. Win the ball and get it forward to the front three quickly. Then for the last 20 minutes, when they''re completely knackered, withdraw to your own final third and sit tight.
It’s a nice psychological blow that after their best start they are third, we now have KDB and having expected to be 3 points ahead they are level with a worse goal diff. Nice!

As I've just posted on another thread, imo where we, & other teams have fucked up against Liverpool, is often playing for a press that isn't there.

Most of the time when they have 'won' the ball, they have actually had it passed to them. They mostly start legging it about, when the ball comes out into their areas. We usually oblige by trying to play through exactly the area they are making it difficult for us to play through. They wait til we have a stutter, then pounce on it.

We often make the mistake (as do others) of passing the ball out into areas Liverpool have designated as 'kill zones' where they will pile in, to press the ball.

We just refused to join in, hence the 'boring' jibes. They don't want to press us in our box, because it takes half their team out of position. So they stood scratching their heads wondering whether to go, or stick, when we passed it back there.

As you say, if you get this right, they simply don't have the legs to keep chasing the ball around.

Of course the rags have plan B, where they just boot it down the middle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.