Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Seriously!!!! Marhez was pushed to the penalty spot by mendy who received orders from pep. Marhez wanted jesus to take it. I'm not making this up its on camera and on repeat on nbsc
Very strange decision. Gabby was set and has a great record, cool head and technique. He looked very sharp on the pitch. Mahrez did not inspire confidence.

Penalties these days are a mind game. It's almost a solved problem. Striker waits until the keeper goes down. It's about vision, keeping cool being able to react and shape your shot at the last second. Mahrez had a reasonable game but he is nowhere 100% mentally at the moment. TBH I had Silva, Sane, Bernardo ahead of Mahrez. Probably Fern and one of the defenders.

As it's also unsettling to switch takers so late, it's a mistake by the bench.

What was the thinking? Give him confidence? Some tactical edge? Can't possibly have been his record.

Looks like maybe Pep flapped.

Good result for us if you put it all in context but that penalty miss was obviously really deflating.

I don't blame Mahrez, he is a poor penalty taker, his record shows that, players have their weaknesses and he is a poor penalty taker. I don't understand the thought process of pulling Gabriel off the penalty and putting Mahrez on it when Gabby was ready to take responsibility. Yes, I know he missed his previous attempt (Bernardo bailed him out on the rebound though) but Mahrez would have been way down my list. If not Gabby hand it to Fernandinho or Bernardo. Terrible decision to give the kick to Mahrez and we paid for it.

Excellent team performance. Bernardo was outstanding, as were Stones & Laporte.
Dave was excellent too.

Tactically we got it right.

The only mistake we made was not opening them up, for my money Sané should have been on around the hour mark for Mahrez not Sterling.
That's not just because of the penalty miss, but because that's our best attacking set up.

Feel so we've broken our anfield hoodoo, we should have won that , never mind one step ad a time next time hopefully a win, the players should have no fear of anfield after today.
Also time to get behind mahrez .No use crying it's done done now, he will come good under pep.
Oh and we are STILL top of the league

omg Pep just said that he didn't know Mahrez has missed 3 out of 5. A bit of an oversight by him really

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.