Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Shame about the international break, because Liverpool usually collapse for a few weeks after their cup final.

I hope we are scouting another top forward right now. As great as Aguero is and has been he isn't getting any younger and I am not sure Jesus is going to be the answer.
Words are Jesus comes alive during hectic Christmas period.
Have faith .

Haven’t read the whole thread, so apologies if discussed, it feel like Pep wanted Allison to see a player he hadn’t faced a thousand times in training. Personally, if not Jesus, then the two Silvas are surely next in the hopper?

That’s 5 out of last 8 missed by Mahrez. He wouldn’t be in my top 5 in the League Cup at this point. Not saying he isn’t a good player, just that we have better passers from 12 yards out.

Would have been happy with the result but that was our golden chance to break the Anfield curse and slap their title talk into the ground giving us a 2pt lead at the top of the table. No excuses for Mahrez. I would usually sympathise but he knows his record and it confirms to me what his issue has been since he signed - he thinks he needs to prove himself and is trying too hard. He needs to play for the team and settle down. Jesus was the striker and was ready to take it. He might not have scored but Mahrez with his record should never volunteer again.

Only when we go to Anfield and put a performance together like we have in our last couple of visits to Arsenal will we have laid that to bed. A win with a late penalty would have been nice, but we still need to go there and dominate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.