Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Having just woke up in australia to the result so not taking in the emotion of the game im happy with a draw, what sounds a solid performance and move on.
Typically our hardest game of the season.
On the penalty I wonder if Pep over thought it and sees Gabby with Alisson and thinks that theyre international teammates and the keeper may know him.
Either way, poor decision, still a good result, still top. Move on

After our results at their ground last year, I’d definitely call that progress. Two centre backs especially were immense.
To be fair I would have taken the draw before the game,.but they were shit today and there for the taking, we had the chance to gain 3 points and again shit it, and again sterling was wank

Happy with that. Yeah the penalty was hard to take, but I'd have taken a point before the game so got to be happy. What makes it even better is that apart from the first 15 minutes we were much the better team

We remain unbeaten and top of the league ... all without our best player and having played 3 difficult away games out of 4

As for the dippers... famous anfield atmosphere... you're taking the piss, they were pathetic!! And nice to see with my own eyes that Mo Salah is a one season wonder

Having just woke up in australia to the result so not taking in the emotion of the game im happy with a draw, what sounds a solid performance and move on.
Typically our hardest game of the season.
On the penalty I wonder if Pep over thought it and sees Gabby with Alisson and thinks that theyre international teammates and the keeper may know him.
Either way, poor decision, still a good result, still top. Move on
I agree about the Jesus/Allison situation, that was my first thoughts. Should have let Leroy take it seeing as he won the pen in the first place, the one he took when we beat Wolves last season was a decent enough pen.

To be fair I would have taken the draw before the game,.but they were shit today and there for the taking, we had the chance to gain 3 points and again shit it, and again sterling was wank

Yeah, I didn’t think we created enough to be expected clear winners. As for them being poor, I agree they weren’t as effective as last year, but I think much of that is down to us being better in defence and midfield, not allowing them to be. For example, your comment about Sterling id turn around and say he wasn’t great going forwards (but who was), but he did a good job going the other way, tracking back etc. I think he was under instruction not to bomb on to allow David etc to thread through those usual balls. I think it was Pep being pragmatic to a degree - and it worked.

Last edited:
Positives:
Laporte and Stones magnificent. Walker great too.
No loss at Anfield for a change.
Controlled most of the match and nulliifed them after their rabid opening.
Top of the league without KDB and he's back very soon.
Negatives:
Should have won, they were there for the taking in the last 20 mins.
Sterling again in his shell.
Mahrez pt.1: idiot penalty. I can excuse a penalty miss but taking it off another player youve got to score it.
Mahrez pt.2: I know its early days but I dont like his greediness. Again, shooting from impossible angles today on 3 occasions. Even David threw his arms up in frustration the 3rd time it happened. Hope Pep sorts this asap.
Sane should have started. No ifs or buts, im bewildered by that decision. Brought on way too late too.

I feel for Mahrez, I think he’s trying so hard to fit into this team and he thought the pen was a way to contribute. He shouldn’t be taking them though with his record.
I don’t believe for a minute that Pep made that decision, he’s just protecting him.
A draw is fine though, we won the league after losing there so it’s a point gained and 2 lost for the dippers...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.