Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Probably been posted but it does indeed look like Pep called it,

Jesus also missed his last two, Bernardo or Fernandinho buries it IMO but oh well. Performance was much better than it has been in years, Sane on a bit earlier and we score from open play never mind the pen.

Got to agree. We are nowhere near top gear yet and the best midfielder in the league is back very soon

I'm usually very cautious with these kind of comments but we looked on a diffrent level to our supposed title rivals today name me a team with play makers like Silva x2 Kdb and Foden

Probably been posted but it does indeed look like Pep called it,

Jesus also missed his last two, Bernardo or Fernandinho buries it IMO but oh well. Performance was much better than it has been in years, Sane on a bit earlier and we score from open play never mind the pen.

I stand corrected, certain looks that way there.

We should've won. We know it and I know Liverpool now knows it. Even though we drew, I believe this can still be a great confidence building performance for the team. There were times we dominated. Laporte-Stones was a phenomenal partnership. Laporte, especially, was incredible. Mahrez, minus the miss, was really really good as was B. Silva. All in all, we should've gotten more than a point but it was still a performance we can build on.

The result today was a hammer blow for the Dippers , they fully expected to win but they didnt even deserve the draw they got , if the penalty had gone in the title was as good as over for them , although Chelsea are looking tasty at the moment we would have to have a nightmare run of injuries for anyone to stop us now With KDB back after the international break i can see another long winning in the streak in the offering.

Starting to get over the disappointment of the penalty and very pleased overall with that performance. For once thank God the penny dropped with Pep at Anfield and he got the tactics spot on, perfectly performed by the players.

People saying they were there for the taking don't understand it was our tactics and hard work that made them look ordinary, not tiredness. If we would have opened up and gone for it they would have got behind us and scored. I think our only mistake was not getting Sane on earlier as his pace was terrifying them and he almost won it for us by getting the penalty.

Top of the league after the world cup and in spite of injuries, one to our most influential player, happy days. We haven't fully hit our stride yet either so onwards and upwards.

I'm not having it for one second Pep told Mahrez to take that. "In front of the media I will protect you to the death, but here I'll tell you the truth". He was absolutely livid, he even did that same smile from his "happy new year" interview, where he shows his top teeth, albeit a lot quicker (I'm pretty good at reading body language). Make no doubt, he is f**king fuming and Mahrez is going to know about it.
Agreed. It was Mendy who “volunteered” Mahrez for the job. To be fair I don’t think Mahrez himself was that keen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.