Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Oh, and apparently, again as my Liverpool mate rants, it's Campionis not Championis.

They haven't sung it for 30 years!

Sign-on, Sign-on and Steve Gerrard songs, apparently it's jealousy why we sing about them, whether we play them or not!

He's wrong mate its " Campeones " which translated means "Champions" in Spanish. "Championes" which almost everyone sings is actually is a Spanish Garlic mushroom when translated back to English.

I think it’s over the top to say it’s the dumbest decision Pep’s ever made, but it was definitely a mistake. And ended up killing the confidence of two players. At least when it comes to the Champions League knockouts, Mahrez wont be anywhere near the pens.

I wouldn’t be so sure!

It was a mistake if he really didn’t know how bad Mahrez record is.

For someone who is so meticulous, I thought he would be aware of things like this.

Having said that no one really stands out as a natural penalty taker.

In a game of that magnitude I think either Fernandinho or Silva should have stepped up as senior players and taken control.

Both have of course missed for us as has Jesus twice.

Top of the league having already played away at 2 of the current top 4, including a drawn game in one of the two fixtures we lost last season, and all without De Bruyne.

What an absolutely brilliant position to be in*.

*and yet people are still slagging off the players and manager. Thick doesn’t quite do them justice.

I think it was a really good performance overall, and it felt like a significant step forward for this team. We overcame our mental hurdle at Anfield and effectively nullified a very good attacking side. We were the better team. Guardiola got his tactics spot on, and we very nearly took all three points. Anyone can miss a penalty though, it's part of the game.

Plenty of positives in the performances of Laporte, Stones, Bernardo and Fernandinho. We've now played arguably our toughest game of the season, and are top of the league with our best player to return. Can't wait for the international break to be out of the way.

Last edited:
I'd have given it the Ederson before Mahrez
I was thinking the same but as a previous poster suggested, what if the keeper saves it and initiated a quick counter attack? Eddy would be legging it back to goal. That may cloud his thoughts when taking penalties, that said keepers have been designated pen takers before, Rene “the Scorpion kick” Higuita was one, proper maverick though.

I think it was a really good performance overall, and it felt like a significant step forward for this team. We overcame our mental hurdle at Anfield and effectively nullified a very good attacking side. We were the better side. Guardiola got his tactics spot on, and we very nearly took all three points. Anyone can miss a penalty though, it's part of the game.

Plenty of positives in the performances of Laporte, Stones, Bernardo and Fernandinho. We've now played arguably our toughest game of the season, and are top of the league with our best player to return. Can't wait for the international break to be out of the way.
Plus Sergio, Silva, Fernandinho get a rest and KDB more time to get fit.

Only issue with that Bill is the players burn out, get knackered and get injured. Liverpool do it and you saw a team on its arse yesterday.

It’s also up for debate as to what is our best 11 and let’s have it right here, rotation has served us very well this last 12-18 months ;-)
Ok try this. You play your best 11 v a rival fucking team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.