Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Superb performance and this will send a huge message to the league now. The title race is over.

First half wasn't a great watch, although we stopped them from doing much and ground them down by getting them to chase the ball around. Second half, we started coming out of our shells a little and just put the game to bed.

Gundogan, Rodri, Foden, Silva and Sterling were superb - busy, inventive, dangerous but also resolute and stuck to their jobs and protected the defence. Stones and Dias were superb - I'll forgive Dias the penalty - as we Cancelo and Zinchenko.

Just a word on Zinchenko. I honestly can't make my mind up about him. I don't honestly think he is good enough, but he never lets us down. There are definitely better players, better defenders and better left backs around but he sees them off. Mendy, Delph, Angelino, even Cancelo to an extent - all arguably have more in their games - but he seems to relish the challenge. He was immense today and playing against Salah and TAA isn't easy. If I was Mendy, I'd have watched that today and maybe gave my agent a call as I don't think Mendy can play as well as Zinchenko in this system.

I don't want to criticise anyone, but I genuinely don't see why we play Mahrez. He will smash WBA but he never has big games against title rivals. I judge the big games as the real test of a player. He offered absolutely nothing today and as soon as Jesus came on, we went up a gear. I honestly thought Robertson must've got bored with the "cut inside" routine Mahrez does and he just snuffed it out everytime. Then Foden did it and scored. It took him 5 minutes if that to show Mahrez how to do it. Mahrez should be used for the games against Swansea, WBA etc not in the big games where he goes missing.

Liverpool are in a bit of trouble now too. A place in the top 4 is going to be tricky this year simply because there's so many teams who can fill the spots. Even teams like Aston Villa are able to make the places difficult and I thought early in the season that the top 4 would be tricky for ANY team this year (I also tipped Spurs to win the league - shows how little I know!). I do think Klopp's got a problem in that he has run that squad into the ground and they are goosed. They look shattered already and it will only be a matter of time before the next player gets injured.

Anyway, enjoy tonight blues it's not often we overcome the 12 on the Anfield pitch and VAR!

This is going to be a historic, record breaking season... I promise! :)

It's plain and simple, as we all - even Dias himself - know what Salah (or Mané or Martial) does in the box. Pulling his arm is a nogo and is invitng the ref to give a pen. I can't complain about the penalty.

Dias fucked up to clear an easy ball with his foot. So what? He finally made a mistake and is a little bit human too. Mainly colossal though :)
im getiing feckin fed up about the word " contact" when it comes to pen decisions. Seems to me its a word the media started to use a few seasons ago after there was talk of penalising, even retrospectively deliberate diving. if they want to carry on using "contact" it should be preceeded by "enough". Every pen should be var'd with that in mind and if its a no, then consider booking the diving twat.
Yes, Dias tugged or made "contact", but what followed was a deffo dive.

Superb performance and this will send a huge message to the league now. The title race is over.

First half wasn't a great watch, although we stopped them from doing much and ground them down by getting them to chase the ball around. Second half, we started coming out of our shells a little and just put the game to bed.

Gundogan, Rodri, Foden, Silva and Sterling were superb - busy, inventive, dangerous but also resolute and stuck to their jobs and protected the defence. Stones and Dias were superb - I'll forgive Dias the penalty - as we Cancelo and Zinchenko.

Just a word on Zinchenko. I honestly can't make my mind up about him. I don't honestly think he is good enough, but he never lets us down. There are definitely better players, better defenders and better left backs around but he sees them off. Mendy, Delph, Angelino, even Cancelo to an extent - all arguably have more in their games - but he seems to relish the challenge. He was immense today and playing against Salah and TAA isn't easy. If I was Mendy, I'd have watched that today and maybe gave my agent a call as I don't think Mendy can play as well as Zinchenko in this system.

I don't want to criticise anyone, but I genuinely don't see why we play Mahrez. He will smash WBA but he never has big games against title rivals. I judge the big games as the real test of a player. He offered absolutely nothing today and as soon as Jesus came on, we went up a gear. I honestly thought Robertson must've got bored with the "cut inside" routine Mahrez does and he just snuffed it out everytime. Then Foden did it and scored. It took him 5 minutes if that to show Mahrez how to do it. Mahrez should be used for the games against Swansea, WBA etc not in the big games where he goes missing.

Liverpool are in a bit of trouble now too. A place in the top 4 is going to be tricky this year simply because there's so many teams who can fill the spots. Even teams like Aston Villa are able to make the places difficult and I thought early in the season that the top 4 would be tricky for ANY team this year (I also tipped Spurs to win the league - shows how little I know!). I do think Klopp's got a problem in that he has run that squad into the ground and they are goosed. They look shattered already and it will only be a matter of time before the next player gets injured.

Anyway, enjoy tonight blues it's not often we overcome the 12 on the Anfield pitch and VAR!

Zinchenko's pass to Foden for the 3rd goal was world class

Top post that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.