Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

What was Merson saying, something about Liverpool winning it this season would be a bigger achievement than last season. ha ha ha !!

I've posted this elsewhere, but this Liverpool's side form collapsed after lockdown. To get even close to that sort of form you'd have to go back 14 months, and it's hard to see where that is going to come from. We've not won anything yet, but Liverpool are not winning this title.
Their form started to dip around a year ago when Watford beat them 3-1, their first league defeat of the season.
Within a few weeks they'd lost to Chelsea in the cup and were out of the CL to Atletico
After lockdown we tanked them and a few others, but they "were on the beer" so none of those games mattered, they didn't want 100 points they just wanted the league.
Even Arsenal beat them in the community shield, and then Villa put 7 past them

And every one of the excuses coming from their manager and fans is brilliant to hear :)

I've posted this elsewhere, but this Liverpool's side form collapsed after lockdown. To get even close to that sort of form you'd have to go back 14 months, and it's hard to see where that is going to come from. We've not won anything yet, but Liverpool are not winning this title.
They are in trouble, robertson and taa are knackered from being flogged for the last few years. No backup for the front 3 or back 4. I'd say this could be our strongest ever squad and young as well, the future looks sky blue.

That was a fantastic footballing performance and we completely deserved the win.

Even in the first half we played them off the park for large chunks of it (I was surprised to see that they had made more passes than us in the first half as it certainly didnt seem that way.

Sterling, Foden Stones Dias (even with his mistake), Cancello, Bernardo and Gundogan were all excellent and Zinchenko has taken his performances to another level playing out of position.

Commentators, media etc will gloss over it as there were two terrible mistakes by Allison for 2 of the goals BUT they will miss the bigger picture...there was only one team playing football to win that game and that was us. We passed around their famous press so many times. They will point to being without VVD and another centre half...we didnt have Aguero and KDB nor a recognised left back.

Something has badly gone wrong at Liverpool - Klopp looks like he has lost all his desire, players dont look anywhere near as fit (PED jokes aside) or motivated. They normally fly out of the blocks and press like crazy for 20-30 mins....they did it for about 2 mins in todays game

There will be lots of excuses but we were the better football team
He eventually fucked Dortmund up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.