Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

I have been telling myself since the win at Burnley to guard against over confidence, that it's hard to win at Anfield, that Liverpool have good players, that their injury "crisis" is no worse than ours now or in the '18-'19 season. Yet I couldn't escape the thought that I could not see us losing. I got nervous as kick off approached, but that is only normal. As the first half progressed I became more and more confident; their front three, so incisive and direct last season, was no longer frightening at all and had no goal threat at all, Tiago seemed to have a reputation that was completely undeserved, and Raz showed that Henderson and Fabinho were in panic when run at and simply could not afford to tackle in their own area. Liverpool were there for the taking and in the second half City put their foot on the gas and we really did have blast off! Their penalty was no more than a misguided act of mercy to a once great striker not even strong enough now to resist being blown over by the wind off the Mersey. I don't remember any contribution from Mane after half time. City on the other hand... Foden was superb, in a class of his own. Raz and Gundo brilliant. Bernado excellent. All over the field City lads got the better of their counterparts and it wasn't a victory but a massacre.

Apologies in advance for the stupid question
But have seen a few tweets about the City official accounts tweet after the fourth goal today
“86 This means four”

what’s the context? I don’t get it

First half was torture, once Pep reshuffled the system in the second and we got an early goal I was never in doubt we'd win the game even though they got a flukey pen.

Great that we won without Fern too because I was wishing him to come on for most of the game but brilliant we did the job without him which is what we're gonna have to get used to in the future.
Absolutely.
Besides the win, loads of positives for the future.
I wanted Fern on too. But mainly so we could push Gundo forward.
I was calling for Sterling to go off for him but Mahrez would have been better in hindsight, because sticking Foden out right with Gundo in the middle was key.

What Pep did was essentially better (since it worked). Jesus in the centre was always going to hassle the centre of their defence and Gundo behind him ideal. The fact that Rodri kept control of defensive side in the midfield is a huge bonus for us for the future. He is still learning his role there and is looking quite smooth at the moment.

What and take the drama out ? It’s that drug that gives you a tug, you’ll be wishing we’d won 5-0 in 2012 next, tbh my heart does :-)
When he missed that pen I showed a very rare show of emotion in front of the kids whilst watching football. It ended in the littlest one crying and the 10 year old sat there wide eyed. All part of the rollercoaster.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.